Hurricane Gustav

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CatholicCajun

Hurricane Gustav

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:24 pm

First of all thank you resting for your concern about us during Hurricane Gustav. We are next to Terrebonne Parish and both of our Parishes took a direct hit from Gustav. We just got our power back yesterday! We would sleep all in the living room at night with a small window a/c and a generator running, it was hard with the temperature at 92 in the shade!! The shops did fine, some minor damage, our home fared ok, we will probably need a new roof, my son and daughter in law had an oak tree take out a room in their home, they really have a mess and quite a bit of damage, the tree is also sitting on top of her car, so we don't know how bad it will be until the tree is removed. But we are grateful that it is not worse, we are also grateful that the levees held, flooding is so bad!! It will be such a relief to get back some sense of normalcy, we ended up in Hanceville, AL just north of Birmingham, we left at 12:30 Saturday and did not get there until 5:30 Sunday morning, a trip that normally takes 7-8 hours took 17!! We did 90% of it with no a/c because the water temp. in the truck would go up because there was no clean air and we never went over 10mph, that was the road trip from HELL!!! But we Cajuns are a resilient people, we have survived worse storms and by the grace of God we will be fine, it may take awile but we will be fine. I really missed all of you, as for as No S goes, that went out the window for the storm, but now that things are calming down we will get back on habit again, the "positive" is that I managed to lose about 4.5 pounds, stress is not the best way to lose weight. Well I have to go and clean the frig. at work, not a nice job, hope everyone has a blessed day.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 pm

CatholicCajun,

thank you for letting us know that you and you're loved ones got through it all. That drive and the heat sounds like an utter nightmare!

Glad you are all ok and hope that the things that need to get fixed, get taken care of,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 am

Prayers for you and your family and neighbors as you face the clean-up and recovery. And that others facing hurricanes will remain safe.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words, our power is back, we had problems with it going off and on, my mom just got her power back a few days ago! Grand Isle just south of where I live won't have power back until maybe October 1st.

Trying to gat back on habit, have been doing better, but could do better.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Grand Isle just south of where I live won't have power back until maybe October 1st.
Wow, that is amazing! Glad that you and your mom have your power back!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey