Hello - I'm a newbie!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Silky

Hello - I'm a newbie!

Post by Silky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi - I bought the No S Diet book two weeks ago; started reading it last weekend, and started the No S plan on Monday the 22nd of September. I probably have tried every diet known to man (and woman) with no measurable success. My latest venture had been the intense accounting system, which kept me real busy tallying, with no positive results. As I read Reinhards' book, I was thinking, gee....perhaps all the snacking, albeit "healthy foods" (read: constant grazing) and point recording wasn't doing me much good.

I was quite surprised that right out of the gate I began feeling real good with just three meals a day. I became cognizant of how often I would have had seconds, how often I'd reach in the candy bowls scattered about the offices at work, and the regularity with which I'd have an evening snack of pretzels, popcorn, etc.

After 5 days on NoS, I can see that I need to have a heartier breakfast and perhaps eat dinner a little later (my tummy has been growling at bedtime, and ya know, it's sort of a lovely sound...a sound which quite frankly, I've not heard in many years!) (Which may account for the extra 35 - 40 lbs. that I've been lugging around). :roll:

I've lurked here a little this past week, and you folks seem to be friendly (I've noticed that some bulletin boards in general can get quite rough) so I'm poking my head out! The blogs I've glazed over amaze me and I'm anxious to have more time to really enjoy them.

Thanks Reinhard for a great book that's an easy read, so sensible (and funny to boot!) Thanks NoS'ers for sharing your journeys. I know what I've tried in the past has not worked for me, even though I felt I worked those programs. For me, it seems it's time for something that's a whole lot less accounting, less expensive and less stressful. Something that just plain makes sense!

Silky
Life is no dress rehearsal...live it!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 pm

Waving to you from South Louisiana. Welcome. :lol:
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Deedee

Post by Deedee » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Welcome Silky!

You're right about these boards - lots of good advice and positive energy. I've been On Plan for exactly one month and am loving it.

I'm learning to enjoy a lot of formerly forbidden foods - it's great to have them back in a moderate way - pizza, french fries, pasta.

I haven't weighed yet - not sure if I lost any - but my clothes are feeling good - again, I don't have a lot to lose - maybe 10'ish - so I'm prepared for a long, lovely journey. It's great to be losing the 'diet mentality'.

Best of luck!
Dee

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Welcome Silky and great to hear you are taking to it "right out of the gates" :wink:

8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Merry

Re: Hello - I'm a newbie!

Post by Merry » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:29 am

Welcome! I'm new here too but enjoying the freedom of No-Sing! Sometimes in the evening I'd be craving a snack & spend all this time thinking about what to have. Now if I crave a snack I think--hey, that decision has already been made, not today! And I don't have to keep thinking about it, LOL! Hoping to lose some weight too!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Silky

Post by Silky » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks for the welcome! Yesterday was my first 'free' day. Funny, I didn't desire any 'seconds' and enjoyed a small bowl of popcorn while DH and I watched a movie last night. Surprisingly, I did not go "crazy". Today will be interesting, as I'll be going to a memorial service and then a gathering afterward. I plan on having something sweet and I'm going to really enjoy it!

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:38 pm

It's nice to have you here, Silky!.

Silky

Post by Silky » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Funny, funny, funny.....didn't stay long enough at the service to catch dessert, so here it is 6:30 on a Sunday night and I've only had my 3 meals/day - a snack on Saturday and no sweets. Not intentional, just the way it worked out. WIERD! And not feeling like I'm missing anything. STRANGE!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:30 pm

I was quite surprised that right out of the gate I began feeling real good with just three meals a day
Silky,

I had the same experience too!

WELCOME!

and love your kitty picture!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Silky

Post by Silky » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:38 pm

That little kitty looks like my cat when he was a baby; he's nearly 13 y.o. now and still mah little baby!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:41 pm

Silky,

Serious cat lover here too! My little girl passed in August :( but now we have two little boys who are precious, ferocious and affectionate little bundles of joy :D

You're cat must be beautiful!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey