Sparkpeople and No S Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Me Too

Sparkpeople and No S Diet

Post by Me Too » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:18 pm

My name is Karen and I'm new to Nos, I have been eating 3 meals and no snacks or sweets or seconds for 1 week, and have already lost over 5 lbs. :D
I belong to Sparkpeople and I have been spreading the word abot Nos, as much as I can.
I have never been so pleased by a weight loss plan. This is something I can do for the rest of my life. Its what my parents and Aunt taught me to do many years ago, 3 meals and no snacks period.

So in honor of you, Reinhard, Sparkpeople is going to know who you are and all about No S Diet.

That is my mission, so much for my shyness.
Me Too

3 John:2
Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Yay, that's great!.
I hang around SparkPeople.com sometimes, I check recipes and articles, nice place.
Congratulations on your weightloss and welcome to the boards!.

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi Karen! I'm just starting tomorrow. But I use sparkpeople.com too. I love it! Great job spreading the word and WTG on the loss!
Jenny

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:26 pm

what is sparkpeople?

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Me Too

Post by Me Too » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:02 am

Using Sparkspeople.com

Sparkspeople.com is a fast-growing, completely free Web site that is full of helpful weight loss tips, recipes, groups, buddies, success stories and blogs. It allows you to track your food intake, calories, exercise, progress, measurements and more all in one place.

With a conveneient checkmark system, personal spark pages and ways to connect with on-line and local support, Sparkpeople makes it easy to stay on track with your weight loss goals.

I can't express enough how much No S Diet and Sparkpeople have helped motivated me and gave me the courage to look at my weight issues, and finally make a decision to lose weight and get healthy so I can participate in my own life. Food does not rule my life anymore, I DO.
I'm done being the fat girl.
Me Too

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Welcome and thank you!

I'll have to check out sparkpeople myself.

Reinhard

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Me Too,

thank you, when I get a chance I'll check it out!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:13 pm

My favorite is the recipe section! I like all the great ideas on it.
Jenny

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 am

I am a member of SparkPeople, too. I did post about No S, and got very lukewarm responses. Maybe if we all post together we can get some interest?

I do think that the two sites blend nicely, as both allow each participant to manage their own diets. However, I can no longer take the time and effort to log everything into Spark! I do like the supportive forums, though.

Welcome, Karen and JennyP!

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:16 am

CrazyCatLady wrote:However, I can no longer take the time and effort to log everything into Spark!
I signed up for SparkPeople awhile back & entered things in--it's a LOT of work to do all of that, and I didn't keep up after the first time or two. Entering on HabitCal is SOOOO much easier! Green, yellow, red :D :lol: Gotta love it!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:22 am

So true! LOL! However, back when I was logging things into SparkPeople, I did learn some invaluable things. For one, I was eating a very irregular amount of calories. The times when I "pigged out" were invariably following a period of eating an incredibly small amount of calories.

That is one thing that No S has helped tremendously. If I undereat now, it is a long (hungry) wait until the next meal. I am much more careful to eat filling, satisfying meals, especially breakfast.

I know that we have some calorie/food trackers here, as well as many who prefer only the simplicity of HabitCal. I really like the fact that we can all work this No S plan in the ways that work best for us.

Me Too

Post by Me Too » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm

I don't have time to enter everything in the food tracker either, the fitness tracker is nice and i have used that for a while. But there is so much more on sparkpeople, for instance all the information and support of spark teams one finds there is so helpful in keeping the motivations high.
OK truth, I love collecting spark points.
I'm not through yet spreading the word about Nos.

If I have 3 healthy meals a day, I see no reason to keep track of what I ate, however I think I may start keeping track on the weekends, when I may over do it. Last weekend I didn't do a S day. I am kind of scared to try it this weekend too.
I can just see myself spinning out of control and never getting back on track. I don't really think I would, but you never know what happens when confronted by that piece of chocolate cake.
Me Too

ironlily

I am a member of sparkpeople also (very long)

Post by ironlily » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am

I think Sparkpeople is a great website with lots of motivating information. I also found logging my food everyday to be quite time consuming and counter productive to breaking the diet mentality. I love this eating style. It is how I will eat from this point on. I have been searching for years to find a way to get back to eating normal. I have felt like a butterfly tightly spun and imprisoned in the gigantic diet web that has taken our over country . I always thought about the difference of how I used to eat but somehow just cut not break free. The No "S" diet has cut me loose from that horrible web and I am eternally grateful. This is not dieting, it is a cure for those trying to undo the damage that dieting inflicts on our bodies, minds and spirits. Yikes that felt good to get that out (LOL)

Sorry about the length of my first post.
S
8)