slow progress

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

slow progress

Post by Betty » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:14 am

I want to write a quick post to encourage those who don't lose right away with no s.

I've been no-sing for 5 months now. In the first three months I lost one pound. In the fourth month I lost another. In the 5th month I lost two (despite 5 failures in September :oops: )! 140-136: not a major loss but it's starting to be noticable, kind of, in the way my tight jeans fit. 11 lbs to go. It may take three more years, but you know what, I CAN live with that.

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

Merry

Re: slow progress

Post by Merry » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Betty wrote:I want to write a quick post to encourage those who don't lose right away with no s.

I've been no-sing for 5 months now. In the first three months I lost one pound. In the fourth month I lost another. In the 5th month I lost two (despite 5 failures in September :oops: )! 140-136: not a major loss but it's starting to be noticable, kind of, in the way my tight jeans fit. 11 lbs to go. It may take three more years, but you know what, I CAN live with that.

Betty
Good for you for sticking with it! And hey, maybe you're picking up speed here!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Well done, Betty! That is four pounds that is gone FOREVER!

To those who are discouraged:
My hubby likes to read alternative history fiction. I like to apply that premise to real life; we never get to know what would have happened had we made a different decision.

So, you say you gained one pound during your first week of No S? Well, what if opting for a regular old diet now means that you gain 10 pounds in a month later on. If you had known what the future holds then of course you would opt for a small gain now to forgo a large gain later on.

There's no way to know if being on No S now prevents something later, of course. There is nothing to say it will.

But there's nothing to say it won't either.

Anyway, I second what Betty says about sticking with it. No S is just sensible which in this world is a rare and beautiful thing. That alone makes it a worthwhile practice for me.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Betty that is great news! It is said that the last ten pounds one wants to lose are very stubborn, so keep the good attitude!
I don't think it will take you three years to lose them tho :wink:
I lost about 17 lbs the first year on NoS, with at least one failure per week, and I *definitely* ate my share of junk food along with healthy.
Since I've been back the last two months or so, I've lost about a total of four pounds.
I've got about fifty or so more to go, but I'll be so chuffed when I see myself get down below 200 lbs, so that's my immediate goal for this year.
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness