Return to South Beach or Atkins

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jayhawk28

Return to South Beach or Atkins

Post by Jayhawk28 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:08 pm

After falling off the wagon over the last week, I actually convinced myself to go back on South Beach last night. Luckily, my better sense took over. No S really is the only option for eating normally. Every other diet simply is not sustainable over the long term.

I'm going to take another shot at developing postive habits and looking at my weight loss from a long term perspective.

JerryLee

Post by JerryLee » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:11 pm

i dont see why you couldnt apply the south beach diet to the no s. as i see it, the no s philosophy is just controlling the amount of food consumed, and except for the no sweets, one may eat any food they like for thier 3 meals as long as they dont have 2nds.

Jayhawk28

Post by Jayhawk28 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:52 pm

You could apply them - but the problem is that you can't take a day off of South Beach or Atkins in the first few weeks/months. One wrong meal could do a lot of damage.

I just don't like the restrictions. Ultimately, I want to eat healthy, but I need to be able to balance it with some other things I like to eat. You can't really do that on South Beach or Atkins.

JerryLee

Post by JerryLee » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:58 pm

my wife does atkins so i went on it for a while. the problem i had was that after 3 weeks i had the strongest urges for sweets i have ever had. since i started no s and can eat certain carbs, i really dont get any urge for sweets anymore.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:23 am

What was it that made you think about doing something else? I've never done Atkins so I don't know the draw to that. I'm not sure how I missed doing Atkins...I did everything else! Anyway, I'm just curious....

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Nichole

Re: Return to South Beach or Atkins

Post by Nichole » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Jayhawk28 wrote:After falling off the wagon over the last week, I actually convinced myself to go back on South Beach last night. Luckily, my better sense took over. No S really is the only option for eating normally. Every other diet simply is not sustainable over the long term.

I'm going to take another shot at developing postive habits and looking at my weight loss from a long term perspective.
I think No-S can be challenging if you're not eating food that's really filling. But once you figure out some strategies that work, it's great!!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille