New joiner to the No S Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ellie

Post by Ellie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:14 am

I just wanted to say that one day I stumble across the No S Diet on the internet and read it. I had been looking for a diet that wasn't really a diet but a way of life and second nature. I joined Weight Watchers 6 years ago and lost 163#, reach my goal weight, but you know what, I could not stay on their maintenance plan. It was too restrictive and I could not see that as a way of life. I gained back 30#. I bought every new diet book on the market and none of them address maintenance as something that you would do as second nature. I have sucessfully lost 10 of the 30#s. Then one day my daughter and I went to a book store and there on the shelve was the No S Diet. I bought the book and I have been on the plan for such a short time, but it made more sense than any other diet book I ever bought. I am starting my 3rd week. This way is second nature.

:D

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:38 am

Welcome Ellie,

There are a lot of us that have been through the Weight Watcher's mill. This place is so sweet (no pun intended) and simple and, as you said, second nature.

NoS isn't a quick fix, but it is a true fix.

Resting

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:13 am

Welcome Ellie!

It's so nice to have you here. I do hope you'll feel right at home. I did the WW thing a couple times too...but gained every pound back each time. You're right, this plan makes so much sense and it's certainly a life-long way of eating. I've been doing this since the end of July and I never want to go back to diets again. I'm losing weight & feel better than I have in...well....better than ever! I've been on a diet my whole life (48 years) and I don't ever remember a time when I was in control of my eating...eating was in control of me. So....again, welcome....you'll find great info in the book and wonderful support here on the forum.

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 am

That is really impressive, losing so much weight and regaining so little of it.

NoS could be just what you are looking for.

Merry

Re: New joiner to the No S Diet

Post by Merry » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Too solid flesh wrote:That is really impressive, losing so much weight and regaining so little of it.

NoS could be just what you are looking for.
I agree, Ellie, "weigh" to go! What you accomplished is awesome! I hope No-S will be the workable maintenance program that helps you get back down to where you want to be and stay there. Welcome :).

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Welcome, Ellie! You are exactly the kind of person to appreciate and benefit from no-s, someone who knows from experience how much harder maintenance is than progress. I'm so happy to hear that it's taking so well.

Best to you and your daughter,

Reinhard

Mavilu

Re: New joiner to the No S Diet

Post by Mavilu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Ellie wrote:I just wanted to say that one day I stumble across the No S Diet on the internet and read it. I had been looking for a diet that wasn't really a diet but a way of life and second nature. I joined Weight Watchers 6 years ago and lost 163#, reach my goal weight, but you know what, I could not stay on their maintenance plan. It was too restrictive and I could not see that as a way of life. I gained back 30#. I bought every new diet book on the market and none of them address maintenance as something that you would do as second nature. I have sucessfully lost 10 of the 30#s. Then one day my daughter and I went to a book store and there on the shelve was the No S Diet. I bought the book and I have been on the plan for such a short time, but it made more sense than any other diet book I ever bought. I am starting my 3rd week. This way is second nature.

:D
I know!, isn't it funny how no one ever thinks of how are they going to maintain that weight loss they so hardly achieved with restrictions and prohibitions?.
To me the beauty (or should I say the most beautiful thing of NoS) is the maintenace, because once you lost the weight, you just keep on doing the same as before and this time, you know you can sustain it, because what you've been doing all this time you were losing the weight was... eating normally!.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:16 am

I completely forgot to congratulate you on your weight loss! Where IS my brain??? You'll love this plan...you already did all the hard work so this will be a piece of cake! Ha....yup, pun intended.

I'm happy for you that you've found this....

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...