New to No S Diet and Saying Hello

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

whisper2701

New to No S Diet and Saying Hello

Post by whisper2701 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi Everyone! My name is Linda. I'm new to the No S Diet, Ive tried a couple of times this month and have had a little problem with sticking with it. But I think most of that is due to not being really committed.

So I thought if I posted and introduced myself that this would help strengthen my committment. I really love it when I follow the No S guidelines. I feel free and like a normal eater. I tend to have issues with emotional eating. I hate counting calories and having tons of food restrictions. I know this plan is something I can live with. I've dieted and dealt with weight issues all my life and I want off the diet train. I want to be free from constantly thinking about what I should or shouldn't eat.

Thanks for listening!
Linda

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I tend to have issues with emotional eating. I hate counting calories and having tons of food restrictions.
Linda,

ditto, ditto for me! WELCOME!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Merry

Re: New to No S Diet and Saying Hello

Post by Merry » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Welcome! I do think it becomes more natural to think less about food as we continue with this. Hopefully the added accountability here is helpful to you too!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 pm

Welcome Linda! Good luck. You will enjoy doing this. Give it some time and practice and let us know how you are doing :)
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:44 pm

Welcome, Linda!, you'll love it here.

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Linda -- believe me, you have come to the right place ... be sure to post for help if you run into difficulties. This is a very supportive forum, not surprisingly, because the No-S lifestyle actually works! I cannot tell you how much it has helped me over the last two months! Best wishes to you!

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:19 am

Thank you for the welcome! It has already made me feel so much more committed.

Thank you everyone! :D

Linda

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Linda,

I could have copied your message and just changed my name to the signature....it's also my story. I've been here since the end of July & can't imagine eating any other way - EVER. The counting & measuring & planning is not something that can be sustained for life....it's just not possible. And instead of DE-emphasizing food, those types of plans put MORE emphasis on food and create and atmosphere of tension. No wonder I hated those diets!

If you haven't read the book, I'd recommend getting it. Mine has been read over & over and I love making notes in it....it's well worth the minimal cost & is full of encouragement.

Again, welcome...you'll find so much encouragement here....I wouldn't be where I am without the support I've had from wonderful people on this forum!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...