New Aha's everyday!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hungry Girl

New Aha's everyday!

Post by Hungry Girl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:59 am

Now that I am really committed to No S I am having new "Aha" moments everyday. Today I realized I no longer have to :idea: think or rationalize my eating habits. All the thinking has been done for me. I only have to trust the system and look to other people's experience to prove that it works! And I'm not even feeling hungry anymore![/b]
Here we go again!

la_loser

No longer hungry. . .

Post by la_loser » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:22 am

Hey Satisfied Girl. . .it's good to see you back again. I hope you find success here. And I'm glad you've changed your user name. Remember on July 24 when we had our exchange as follows:
Me:
It just occurred to me. . . Won't it be great to feel like you need to change your user name to Contented Girl--or Satisfied Girl!?
And you as Hungry Girl replied. . .
And you could be LA WInner!
And I replied. . .
Touche', Hungry Girl -- that could be our joint goal. . . I've got about 50 or more to lose so my new name may take a while but it is gonna happen!

LA Winner-to-be!
Well, I'm still working slowly but surely down that road -- like the tortoise, "Slow and steady wins the race."

Hang in there with us -- we're all in this together-for the long haul!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:03 am

I LOVE your new name!!!! It's wonderful....

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

gratefuldeb67

Re: New Aha's everyday!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Satisfied Girl wrote:Now that I am really committed to No S I am having new "Aha" moments everyday. Today I realized I no longer have to :idea: think or rationalize my eating habits. All the thinking has been done for me. I only have to trust the system and look to other people's experience to prove that it works! And I'm not even feeling hungry anymore![/b]
Yep!
Good for you Satisfied! Here's to more "Ahas!" :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Merry

Re: New Aha's everyday!

Post by Merry » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 am

Satisfied Girl wrote:Now that I am really committed to No S I am having new "Aha" moments everyday. Today I realized I no longer have to :idea: think or rationalize my eating habits. All the thinking has been done for me. I only have to trust the system and look to other people's experience to prove that it works! And I'm not even feeling hungry anymore![/b]
I do love that I don't have to think (and as Reinhard said on another post, asking if I'm "full" is an unreliable thing to follow--sure is). I don't have to decide if I'm truly hungry, if I'm full...if it's mealtime I eat, if not, do something else, problem solved!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:10 pm

I love what Merry said about the No S Diet:
I don't have to decide if I'm truly hungry, if I'm full...if it's mealtime I eat, if not, do something else, problem solved!
This is something I didn't realize I was going to experience when I first started. That so much time and effort I put into what I was going to eat and when I was going to eat it has been replaced with other things. I do find myself being more productive. I've wasted so much time over the years over food. I'm looking for a change in my behavior.

Linda :D

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

"Aha" moments are the best! I was grocery shopping with my toddler yesterday & she was eating a donut. She ate about 3/4ths & handed me the rest...she was full. I stood there with a quarter donut at about 1:00pm...and I was hungry since I hadn't had lunch...and I threw it away because it wasn't worth it. It wasn't even a struggle...I guess the "Aha" in that is that I've changed more than I realized. I didn't WANT part of a donut...WHAT???? I love "Aha"s...

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:18 pm

How Freeing!!!!

This lets us THINK instead of react.

Resting