First day, onward and downward!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BuckeyePink

First day, onward and downward!

Post by BuckeyePink » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi all,

A blogging friend recommended the EDS site to me yesterday. I was so relieved to see it!

So a little about me...

A married lady, of the late twenties variety, no children, one cat, work in a library. Yeah, that type of lady. ;) The husband lost 25 pounds during the first six months of our marriage and I've been steadily regaining it since!

I know numbers aren't such a big deal around here, but let's just say I want to fit into my pre-marriage clothing. That'll take losing around 15 pounds. The husband is joining me, as a moral booster, mostly, because he is within his healthy weight.

In the past, I had lost weight (unintentionally) during Lent 5 years ago, which is a 50 day self-control marathon for those in the know. I gave up sweets, but kept some snacks for the entire time. I loved the challenge of Lent, but didn't know how to "bottle" it for a daily life habit.

Reinhard - My library just ordered your book, under my recommendation. 8)

~Anna
Last edited by BuckeyePink on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaob

Post by jaob » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Welcome Anna! I'm just starting also, although I have lurked on and off for years. This really makes the most sense for a lifetime. Best to you and DH!!
My times are in Your hands. Psa 31:15

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Welcome, Anna!

Nice to see another fellow librarian type here! (and thanks for the order)

Hope no-s "bottles it up" sufficiently for you -- keep us posted.

Best to you and your husband,

Reinhard