S day question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

S day question

Post by mondurvic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:03 am

As I understand it, snacks, sweets and seconds are allowed on S days. My question: Are we still supposed to have our regular three meals, or are we in anything-goes mode?

Judy

Big Phil

Anything Goes!

Post by Big Phil » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:19 am

Anything goes on S-days, they are your big carrot to help you make it though the week!
You will probably find you don't eat as much as you used too, but even if you do it doesn't matter, they are your safety valve and help you do No-S properly during the week.
I always meant to write and thank Reinhard for making my weekends special again! Under No-S they really do feel enjoyable, before it was kind of like any other day, usually without the work. I think this is more how it used to be as a kid, before I had money of my own I had to wait for some special occasion before we had sweets and softdrinks!

Phil.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:41 pm

I think this is more how it used to be as a kid, before I had money of my own I had to wait for some special occasion before we had sweets and softdrinks!
Hey Phil!
This is exactly my sentiments!!!
I was just saying to my son, that when we were kids (in the late sixties) You would only get to eat cake and soda at some really special occasion like a birthday! And even getting to go and buy a soda was a major event..
Nowadays it's become the norm with many children, as well as crappy snacks, every single day...
NoS is a great plan and Reinhard is a throwback to a simpler place and time!

Yay!
Love,
8) Deb

MerryKat

Re: S day question

Post by MerryKat » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:16 pm

mondurvic wrote:As I understand it, snacks, sweets and seconds are allowed on S days. My question: Are we still supposed to have our regular three meals, or are we in anything-goes mode?

Judy
Judith (I think your name is beautiful)
For me I have found that unless I go out or do something different over the weekends I tend to stick to my 3 meals (habit) and maybe have a treat after dinner.

And even if I do go out and I find I tend to pick for things I really want rather than just eating whatever is there. It takes far less sweet or snacky things to fill me up than ever before.

Trust your body on this one and you will be amazed.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)