A day on No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hungry Girl

A day on No S

Post by Hungry Girl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

This is a typical day on No S for me:

Breakfast: 2 individual packets of instant oatmeal - one of them original and one of them flavored, mixed together with a cup of boiling skim milk.

Lunch: Super Salad with a little crumbly cheese on top and a small french roll.

Dinner: Wholewheat pasta, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese and side salad.

2 average size glasses white wine

1 fat free cappuccino sometime during the day (if necessary.)

If hungry at bedtime I alow myself one slice of toast with I can't believe it's not butter spray

What do others eat in a typical No S day?
Here we go again!

jaob

Post by jaob » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 pm

I am new but so far for me this is what I eat:

B-3 BIG mugs coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2
1 grapefruit, 1 c. cottage cheese mixed w/ 1/3 c. uncooked oatmeal, SF sweetener and chia gel (another story!!), 1/4 c. egg salad spread on rye crisp

L-1/2 chic breast that was cooked in a tomato cream cheese sauce, 1/2 c. corn, 1/4 c. rice

D-2 spareribs, salad w/ blue cheese dressing, sauteed artichoke hearts,

2 glasses white wine!!
My times are in Your hands. Psa 31:15

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:11 am

Breakfast: Toast and grapefruit or smoothie

Lunch: 1 1/2- 2 cups soup, slice or two of bread, fruit

Dinner: Main dish, salad and/or sauteed green vegetable. Sometimes bread or potato.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:58 am

Today was

B: Steel cut oatmeal porridge and two boiled eggs.

L: Butternut squash soup with added rice (I make a WHOLE BUNCH of soups, so almost always have leftovers on hand)

D: Chicken breast, sweet potato and green beans.

Oh, and a glass of wine with dinner.

This is the way I used to eat doing No S and I was happy with it. I've been back on for two days and I think I've been so happy to be doing something about my eating habits again that it feels easy. Ask me next week *grin*.

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:20 pm

If you want to see typical days, check the "Daily Check In" board. A lot of us post our meals there.

Cheers,

KCCC

veggirl1964

Post by veggirl1964 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (spinach, carrots, bananas, flaxseed, water, and some other type of fruit)

Lunch: Thick-cut rolled oats mixed with dried fruit, nuts, and seeds, and just barely moistened with water

Dinner: A full plate of whatever sounds good!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:18 pm

I eat a pretty wide variety of foods (there's not a single category of food I dislike, as long as it's reasonably fresh and well prepared, I'll eat it), so I can't really meaningfully talk about a "typical" day of meals, but in the interests of contributing something, here's what I had yesterday:

Breakfast: toasted whole wheat bread with butter and cheese. Fresh squeezed juice from 90% of a grapefruit (my daughters had the rest). Mug of black coffee.

Lunch: Oatmeal with dried apricots, dried blueberries, cashews, and soy beans.

Dinner: Salmon steak with green beans and quinoa. 2 glasses red wine.

Reinhard

oolala53

jumping in

Post by oolala53 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:31 am

Several mornings a week I have 1/2- 1 cup Fiber One with 2% milk, two egg whites, walnuts or pecans or flax meal and coffee with 1/2c. milk, 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and stevia. Maybe a fruit. If not that starch, then whole wheat toast. In winter, I'll probably have oatmeal more. If I'm very hungry, I'll have eggs and toast.

Lunch is a veggie, grain, and either beans, tofu, or meat, and a sauce served on a bed of lettuce, a serving of plain yogurt or cottage cheese, fruit and nuts.

Dinner similar to lunch but less lettuce, more grain, less dairy, more veggies. Maybe with a small quesadilla.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:30 am

Today I had:

A banana and a large glass of full fat milk (breakfasts are always light)

Pasta with roasted red bell pepper, garlic and fresh basil sauteed in olive oil with parmesan cheese and mango chunks with full fat plain yogurt

Curried butternut squash soup with rice, a pita bread and a slice of cheese with a slice of quince paste.

Mmm, love eating like this!.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:53 pm

3 BIG mugs coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2
Jenny, see my other post on "glass ceiling" I LOVE IT :D

Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast
Caramel Machiatto
Chocolate
Monavie (fruite juice)
L/Dinner (kind of smash it together on weekends) Usually fish, veggies, or turkey burgers with or without chips or whatever .... could be pizza or hmmmmmm.... vegan nachos or ... tuna sandwiches or .... pasta ...
Caramel Macchiato

and then if I am in the mood maybe another treat ... but MOST times these days not ....

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey