It's good that it's a Monday

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

alanajuliana

It's good that it's a Monday

Post by alanajuliana » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Last night as my rather full (and happy, since dh took me to Panera for some coffee and dessert) self was going to sleep, I found myself actually looking forward to Monday and the fact that it is an N day.

There is something clean and easy about N days. I like that. My stomach is adjusting to this way of eating (I hate calling it a "diet" since in my life so far, "diets" have been abnormal, disordered and toxic, and this is just good (old fashioned) eating habits.

I thoroughly enjoyed my S days, but I'm also enjoying my N days and it's nice to eat what I like on that one plate. There are so many healthy non-sweets foods that are so wonderful that we get to enjoy.

And I really really really don't miss the GUILT.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I haven't been on the scale, but I sure don't feel quite as bloaty as I was.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Your "diet" is the way you eat.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:28 am

Yes, someone on here used to call No-S a "way of eating" because the useful term "diet" has had so much negative baggage attached to it that she didn't want to use it...

Glad you enjoyed your S's and your N's! :)

gingercake

Post by gingercake » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 am

I love Mondays!

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:32 am

I am look forward to Mondays too. I also enjoyed the Pumpkin Spice with real whipped cream at SB too with DH on Sunday after biking on our Harley in the neighborhood.

DH likes the way this way of life is looking on me.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:50 pm

I call it a "Plan"....

I love Mondays too...and I agree with you, Alanajuiliana - I don't miss the guilt either!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

BuckeyePink

Post by BuckeyePink » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Ditto on the Mondays!

:D

The bloat is the first thing I noticed that has disappeared. The less amount of food the body has to deal with sure does make a difference around the midsection.

gratefuldeb67

Re: It's good that it's a Monday

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:22 pm

alanajuliana wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed my S days, but I'm also enjoying my N days and it's nice to eat what I like on that one plate. There are so many healthy non-sweets foods that are so wonderful that we get to enjoy.

And I really really really don't miss the GUILT.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I haven't been on the scale, but I sure don't feel quite as bloaty as I was.
Isn't that nice!!! :wink:
Great news Alanajuliana!
Bless,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:17 pm

I enjoy my S-days to the hilt -- but I'm definitely "ready" for Monday when it rolls around :-)

Another nice side effect of the No-s diet: you look forward to the start of the work week. Maybe I should ask Secretary Paulson for some of that stimulus money to enhance economic productivity by preaching No-s :-)

Reinhard

gingercake

Post by gingercake » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:36 pm

reinhard wrote:I enjoy my S-days to the hilt -- but I'm definitely "ready" for Monday when it rolls around :-)

Another nice side effect of the No-s diet: you look forward to the start of the work week. Maybe I should ask Secretary Paulson for some of that stimulus money to enhance economic productivity by preaching No-s :-)

Reinhard
Seriously - I really agree with this. S-days are a kind of sabbath-taking, and I've noticed that when I properly rest on the weekends, I'm eager to work on Monday, eager to get back to routine. Even before I started no-S I tried to contract with myself that part of my sabbath would be not counting/measuring/weighing/judging what I ate, and instead recognize food and rest as the gifts they are.

alanajuliana

Post by alanajuliana » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:50 pm

oooo, I like the way you link sabbath-taking with this way of eating. So many things have gotten out of balance for most folks in this day and age, haven't they?