I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving Day!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 pm

I hope and pray that all of you enjoy the beginning of this upcoming holiday season and try not to get TOO stressed out.
For those who live far away from their families....you are in my thoughts. I live far away from my loved ones so I know how you feel.
Enjoy your S day to the fullest!!!
Stay safe and have fun!
Blessings,
Becky

la_loser

Blessings to you too!

Post by la_loser » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 pm

And may you enjoy the season as well; we too are far away from our extended family but will be spending the day with our son and his fiancee's "two" families. . . Hopefully it will be a successful version of "Meet the Fockers"/"My Big Fat Greek Wedding.!" Good thing it's a Special Day--we're having two dinners!

Becky, you may be far away from your family but don't forget this awesome "No S" family! I think we're all pretty special and I know what a great support group this is! And I'm certainly thankful to Reinhard for creating this whole life style for us.

You take care yourself-I'm thinking if I had the day to myself I might include a bubble bath, a nap and some chocolate--now that sounds non-stressful!

Gobble gobble!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:00 pm

3aday, I hope you have a good day, too.

(I've promised myself that if I'm ever alone for thanksgiving, I'm having filet mignon)
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:19 pm

Chiming in to also say:.

BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

sophiasapientia

Me too

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:04 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate (and a good day anyway to those who don't)!!!
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:32 am

Thanks Everyone for the Thanksgiving wishes!

Normally I do go home during the holidays but I want to save my time off for my mom's surgery in February.
Tomorrow will be wonderful.
I plan on visiting a friend and her daughter in the morning.
I am going to surprise them with flowers!
Her husband has to work tomorrow so they will be all alone.
Then tomorrow evening, my husband and I are going to our friends house for dinner. They are like family to us.
Of course, I can't forget my "No S" family.
The family that helped me discover what "normalcy" is all about!
I haven't been posting much lately...too much going on with life BUT I will be sticking around during the holiday season!
Blessings to all!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:22 am

3aday,

good to hear from you,

EVERYONE HAVE A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE THANKSGIVING ... and for goodness sakes, ENJOY all the goodies!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:59 am

Same to you Becky! :)
Hope you have been well.
Bless,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

babyprrr

Post by babyprrr » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

To celebrate I made this cake.

http://everybodylikessandwiches.blogspo ... -cake.html

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as wonderful as mine! :)

You know, it's nice to eat a lot on ONE day and not feel a bit guilty because the excess is contained to that day. I did overeat... so what? It was a feast day.

I enjoyed it all, and I'm now enjoying a follow-up N-day.

In prior years, I would have eaten just as much or more, and then felt guilty. This is a MUCH better approach!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving! I definitely didn't overeat :) I was so proud. (I really couldn't anyway because there wasn't THAT much food to go around).
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:04 am

Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone!.
I managed to have my dinner without over-eating but then, I laughed so hard after dinner that I ended up with indigestion all the same, which was what I was primarily trying to avoid.
Ah well!. :P

la_loser

Laughter-good medicine

Post by la_loser » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:00 am

Well, Mavilu, I guess in this case that laughter wasn't the best medicine! :) But at least your discomfort was borne from something positive!

Our laughter incident was a little different. As guests at my son's future in-laws' large family gathering, we ate in the main dining area of a quite posh retirement village where the family matriarch lives. With about 25 people sharing stories and enjoying lots of good natured ribbing and recollections of past holidays, our group was rather loud and boisterous with rollicking laughter that of course was heard by the other residents and their guests--all of whom were eating a quiet meal. At one point, a rather dignified elderly lady came and stood right by one of our tables. Our group quickly quieted down and someone said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Are we in trouble?"

The lady smiled and said, "Oh, no, I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it is to hear laughter around here and to see young people having such a good time, making memories."

It made quite an impression on the younger ones in our crowd. We pointed out to them later that it was clear that most of the people eating there that day were dining alone or with other residents instead of with family. And the food was delicious--and we didn't have to lift a finger! And no leftovers to tempt me on Friday!

I hope everyone is managing to find themselves back on habit now that we're beginning the month of goodies appearing at every turn and and on every break room counter! I'm grateful that all but one of the gatherings that we're invited to so far are on weekends!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: