Just starting out...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

orangemeg

Just starting out...

Post by orangemeg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:32 pm

I found the No S Diet book last week when I was home for Thanksgiving. I spent the bulk of turkey day reading it, when I wasn't stuffing my face. (That's the point of Thanksgiving, right? Right? Maybe not.) I couldn't put it down. It's so simple.

I gained about 15 pounds during my last semester of college (due to skipping exercise and never skipping the bars) and I've been trying (and failing) to lose at least some of it ever since graduation. I have been pretty active - I just trained for and finished my first half-marathon - so I'm thinking my diet has been to blame.

I tried the food journaling thing for a while, writing down everything I ate, but I could never keep that up for more than a week or so. It is pretty embarrassing to whip out a notebook when you're eating with other people, and it is pretty easy to just quit recording anything when you slip up.

This seems much simpler, and it's much clearer what is allowed and what is not. I started last Monday. My two N days so far have been successes, but kind of difficult, since I've always been a big snacker (mostly fruits and veggies, but then I'd omit them from my meals in lieu of things like potato chips). But I keep reading it is easier once you make it a month. So, I'm shooting for that month.

This forum seems like a great resource! It is really helpful to read about others' experiences. I'm not sure how much I will be posting myself, but I will definitely be reading. So, thanks everyone, for your great posts. :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi Orange..
This is far nicer than all that boring food logging!
Welcome!
Best of luck to you!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

KAxelrod

Post by KAxelrod » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:07 am

Welcome orangemeg -

Yes...No S is very simple. And straightforward. I've tried many things before, and this makes the most sense. I plan to do it for life, and not call it a diet.

The forum is great. I've been lurking, appreciating other peoples' posts.

I am also very active (I race-walk marathons...One coming up in Las Vegas on Sunday), but despite my level of activity, I seemed able to stuff way too many calories into my body. With No S, I'm slowly learning a different relationship to food.

Good luck, and welcome.

Karen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:23 am

Orangemeg,

WELCOME!

hope you give NO S a good chance. I would have loved to discover it twenty years ago :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

BuckeyePink

Post by BuckeyePink » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Welcome Orangemeg!.

Pretty decent folks around here at No-S and EDS. :D You'll actually learn to enjoy the boundaries once the conscious thought shifts to habit.

~Anna

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:04 am

Welcome to the boards....don't be a stranger here...you'll find a great deal of encouragement & support as you start this adventure.

Glad to have you here...

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...