Finally back!!!!!!!!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

AnnaBanana

Finally back!!!!!!!!!!

Post by AnnaBanana » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:40 pm

After starting in the spring and having multiple starts and stops after that, none of them lasting more than half a day, I finally have one day under my belt. Wooo-hooooo!!!! I am so happy to say that. I woke up this morning so relieved. I ate HUGE portions at my 3 meals yesterday and I ate exactly what I wanted. Dinner was a carb fest. But I realized to get back on habit, I have to let go, at least for right now, of what those 3 meals a day consist of. Last night at 10 p.m. I was hungry again and had a glass of milk. It got me through so I could sleep and now this morning I am feeling so much better about myself.

I did cardio with a friend for 30 minutes yesterday and introduced her to this lifestyle. Like me, she has lots to lose, but couldn't stomach another round of deprivation. JD... if you've out there reading this... join up. We can do this girly. Welcome to sanity and portion control. Welcome to making friends with food. Welcome to just being normal. :)
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:17 pm

Welcome back!!! Don't know if you've read Richard's book, but he has some great comments on "failing" on pg 123. He wrote,

"Sometimes it takes a fase start (or 12). So quit dawdling and get some failures under your belt!"

So good for you that you're here again...we can do this...all of us!!!

Welcome back again,
janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi Janie,

Yes I have the book. And the fact that he mentions multiple starts and/or failures before getting going has been what has kept me coming back for more.

Yesterday was December 4th, the day I started again and the difference for me this time is that all I am concentrating on is habit. In the past I constantly kept trying to tweak. I thought I needed to lose too much to do this. I would come back and do this as maintenance. I would do this but only use Atkins or South Beach food. I would do this and count WW points. What if I did this and exercised 2 hours a day... wow I could lose 50 lbs in 4 months., etc. etc.

Those were all the behaviors that got me to the weight I am today. I'm letting go of that mentality.

For me, this time, it is simply about eating habits and moderate exercise.

Thanks for the welcome!

Laura
Laura Ann

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:15 am

LauraAnn,

welcome back, it is good to hear from you,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Good to see you back again, LauraAnn!

I am still here, on Saturday, it will be 2 years of me noSing- while I've had several weeks (months!) of failures, I still strive to have successful days. And I always come back to NoS. :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Welcome back!
For me, this time, it is simply about eating habits and moderate exercise.
This is exactly the right attitude. It may take some false starts, it may be slow, but it's never "hard" as in "painful," and once you get the habit down it's not even "hard" as in "difficult."

Best wishes this time around to you and JD and looking forward to hearing more,

Reinhard

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Hey guys... thanks for the welcome back. It is so good to be here.

I've done well 5/7 days (not counting S days) and for me the fact that I am here still plugging away is a testimony to finally *getting it*.

I finally quit worrying about the big picture, the amount I need to lose, the trip I am taking in July that I want to be thinner for, etc., etc.

I came to the simple conclusion that, if I just take care of today, the future will take care of itself.

I know that sounds simplistic, but it is pretty earth shattering for me. I'm so ADD that things tend to overwhelm me and I give up. So, FINALLY, I am looking at the smaller picture.

I did a tweak that for me is working better. I need 4 meals a day. Three of them are snack-size and dinner is a regular meal. My day is REALLY long. Starts at 5 a.m. and ends at midnight most days and 3 meals a day wasn't cutting it. Dinner is often between 8-9 at night. So by doing 3 really small meals and one regular meal, I'm lasting and not blowing everything.

I am hoping to eventually get my day shortened some, but right now because of work and my husband's work this is the way it is. In retrospect, I think a lot of my eating was simply because I was so tired. But this seems to be working and adding the daily exercise guarantees that I *die* when my head hits the pillow. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
Laura Ann

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Some cultures eat two meals. Some eat four (breakfast, noon, tea and a late dinner). Three is traditional for most of us but if your life requires four than by all means make it four.

paulrone

Post by paulrone » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey, I'm back. too!

I took some time off while I healed from a rotator cuff "issue". It stopped my fly fishing, my daily runs, shugging, Thursday cutthroat raquetball games with the guys - everything, it seems.
The net result is a weight gain of 20 pounds. UGH! It'll come off, though. No problem.
The doctor just gave me clearance for running and shugging will start up again in a couple of weeks.
Boy, there's a lot of new faces here. Are any of the prehistorics around? (From before "The Book" was written?)
-Sometimes Fundamentalist and self-appointed King of the S-day Moderates
"As it is (sometimes) written, so let it (sometimes) be done."

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm a "pre-book" member, which I suppose makes me pre-historic. Though I don't generally categorize myself as QUITE so aged. ;)

Welcome back, Laura and Paul.

Cheers,

KCCC

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Just curious, how many of you pre-book members broke down and bought the book?

I found the site through the book and read the book in one sitting. It really made it easy to grasp the No S Diet, what it is, how it works and why it works.

I bought two yesterday at Barnes and Noble, I am going to start carrying them in my purse and just thand them out to folks, cause people are starting to comment and ask "what have you been doing?".

I almost feel like its pointless to explain. Reinhard has done such an excellent job in the book of getting it all down. I am going to "clean out" our other Barnes and Noble Sunday if they have any more copies.

I just feel like handing people the book will give them the opportunity to really understand the ins and outs and apply it to their own lives, and although I am not giving them as Christmas gifts ... just as sharing, it seems like a great time of the year to spread "the good news" !

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm

I think a lot of us bought it.

For many of us (okay, for me, and I'm projecting), the initial purchase was simply a "thank-you" to Reinhard for putting all this out here out of the kindness of his heart.

However, I found that it was VERY useful to have the info compiled in an easy-to-carry-and-read format. Nice to put it on the bedside and browse, etc. Even though I recognized a lot of the ideas and themes, the book was useful.

I have since given my copy away, so another is currently on my Amazon wishlist.

paulrone

Post by paulrone » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:06 am

You know why I bought the book? To shut up the Nay-sayers!
I got tired of explaining how I was losing weight, only to hear people say, "That's it?" like I was lying or something.
-Sometimes Fundamentalist and self-appointed King of the S-day Moderates
"As it is (sometimes) written, so let it (sometimes) be done."