Tomorrow is my first S day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DPL

Tomorrow is my first S day

Post by DPL » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:50 am

I am new here. Started No-Sing on Tuesday. I had been intrigued when I first heard of it back in the spring, but I was recovering from having a baby then (and a really, really hard pregnancy) and wasn't ready to think about something like dieting yet.

As I started I went back and forth on what would be harder: No sweets or no snacks? I have noticed for awhile that I have some desserty-type thing nearly every day. And I know that's not necessary. But no snacking? I cannot remember the last day I didn't have a snack! You're kidding!

Tuesday I took a long walk late in the afternoon and did have some low blood sugar nervousness. A bit of rest and some water helped and I was able to walk back. I was ravenous by 5:30, though, and ate dinner.

The next day I ate dinner 5:30 or 6:00.

On Thursday I knew at 5:30 that I could eat any time between then and 7 p.m. and I'd be okay.

Today I didn't even get up from the computer to go get dinner until 7:30.

Complicating this week is that the very day that I started, my baby got sick. He's gone through a couple different types of illness in the past four days. I have been a little housebound and haven't gotten out to exercise as much as I normally would. But snacking? Not a temptation.

I realize I have Newbie Fever and it's very easy to find motivation to stick with it during the first few days, but this has felt downright awesome.

Dunno what Saturday and Sunday will look like here, but I'm not scared of Monday and my first five days in a row.

:)
started December 2, 2008

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:10 am

Newbie Fever
DPL,
sounds like you are doing great, i love that newbie fever ... i had it ... now I just have "fever" .... hahahahah

anyway, the only thing i have to say about S days is thoroughly ENJOY whatever you eat!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Great Job! I remember that newcomer enthusiasm, and I experience it now and again over the last couple of years!

Hope your baby is better soon :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18