One week in: Impressions

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DPL

One week in: Impressions

Post by DPL » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:53 am

I am LOVING THIS! Why did I put off losing weight for so long? Oh, yeah, because I "knew" I'd have to become obsessed with it, with calorie counting and how much does that snack cost (we speak of calories in the same terms as money around here), or if I spend 7 pts now on afternoon snack can I get by with a 2-pt dinner? I was dreading the time I would have to invest in diet obsession.

The biggest bene I've experienced so far is freedom from food worries. I don't have to think about it that much. I'm not as hungry, I'm not craving snacks (or even sweets, mostly). I ate lunch 3 hours later than normal today. Just too busy enjoying working to get around to it. I'm eating lots of fruit and veg WITH meals. On the weekend I had the only sweet I wanted: carrot cake. And one slice pretty much constituted dinner on Saturday (I considered having seconds of the sweet as a snack, just for the sake of it, but didn't really want it).

And so this plan of eating has not messed with my head. I'm not trying to cheat it.

In other words, so far so good.

[Disclaimers: I haven't weighed yet, I haven't been truly tested yet by any sort of mid-week get-together or party, I have exercised less this past week than usual, and your mileage may vary (YMMV).]
started December 2, 2008

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 am

Sounds like off to an awesome start-with a great attitude. And don't worry about "not weighing" yet. . . . Reinhard's theory and that of many others is that you should concern yourself more with habit and you'll know when you're losing when your clothes start fitting better/looser. I remember that someone actually took their shovelglove to their scales and bashed them!

You are right about the freedom this system "affords" us--and we can "afford" it too. That's certainly a plus as well.

Good luck-and visit the boards often; you'll always find a supportive audience here.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:52 am

I think that Reinhard didn't step on the scale for well over a month or two when he first tried doing NoS for himself.

Glad to hear it's going so well!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:38 pm

I feel exactly the way you do - I'm loving this!

Love the freedom from food obsession and all the other things that go with that obsession. Little did I know that this way of doing things could make me feel so good about myself. I feel in control and normal.

Glad to hear that it is working so well for you! :D

Linda