Anthony Bourdain

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

resident0063

Anthony Bourdain

Post by resident0063 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:50 am

I am a big foodie...and I was reading an interview by a chef more famed for his travels than his cooking. Many might be acquainted with Anthony Bourdain but I do not know if he is a household name. The questioner posed why the chef was skinny. Cigarettes mentioned but otherwise it is the no s diet. No snacks no sweets. Reinforces Reinhard's theory that this is how skinny people, healthy or not, eat. The link is here if you want to read the entire question answer section. There might be some politically incorrect language here.

Happy Holidays. Much happiness to all of you and your loved one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01850.html

St. Paul, Minn.: I know you appreciate food and can put away large quatities in one sitting. How do you manage to keep trim? I don't get the impression that exercising with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth is the answer.

Anthony Bourdain: My diet and health regime is as follows: a healthy breakfast of coffee and cigarettes, a big lunch, sensible dinner. I don't snack. I don't eat Cheese Doodles. I don't eat Pringles and I'm not into desserts and sweats. I call it the Keith Richards exercise plan. Every day that Keith Richards sill walks this earth is a validation of my workout regimen.

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:02 pm

I enjoyed this, thanks for sharing. My husband and I are big fans of Anthony Bourdain.

Linda

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:05 pm

I call it the Keith Richards exercise plan. Every day that Keith Richards sill walks this earth is a validation of my workout regimen.
Not sure what this means.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

Elizabeth 7

Post by Elizabeth 7 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:17 pm

connorcream-- basically, it's a joke meaning that keith richards, of the Rolling Stones, given his poor lifestyle habits should, by all accounts, be dead. Yet he's still kicking-- and as such, Bourdain gives himself liberty to indulge in his vices-- mainly cigarettes and sloth in this instance.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Haha!! Nuffink can kill Keef :wink:
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:45 pm

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/12/chew ... rhood.html

Bourdain has quit smoking since his daughter was born.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."