Been lurking for a while, time for introductions

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~hf

Been lurking for a while, time for introductions

Post by ~hf » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:32 am

Hi everyone! I first learned about No S in a Woman's Day article. I actually started it and was seeing good results but I had to set it aside for a while during a family crisis. Things are leveling out now and I'm ready to begin again. I was seeing success the first time around so I know that it works.

A little about me. I'm a single mom. 7 kids and raising my grandson too. Respiratory Therapist but out on leave for the last 7 months. I need to lose about 75 - 80 pounds. I'll have to weigh myself to get an accurate number.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's post the last few months. I figure by posting I'll be more accountable...

Heidi

BuckeyePink

Post by BuckeyePink » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Welcome (back), Heidi!

I'm proud of you for starting again. :)

~Anna
Finally giving up on Dieting!

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:46 am

Welcome! One of the parts I really like about No S is that once it's habit life is easier. I'm sure you will do well and have lots to offer others.

Kaseys412

Post by Kaseys412 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:17 am

Hi, I am a newbie here also, very excited to start the No S Diet.. today was my first day but, being a sunday I did have a few cookies leftover from the holidays. I think my biggest challenge will be to really let myself have those S foods on S days, I tend to go all out in something for a few days and then completely burn out, so pacing myself with this will be a challenge but, if it works it's well worth it. Good luck to you, and hopefully we'll become regulars together!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Welcome! I passed my 2 yr noS mark last week, and have gotten down 25 (well 35 but then fell off a bit and gained some).

Keep on posting! Look forward to getting to know you!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

~hf

Post by ~hf » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been having a good time with no s again this time. It's been funny because I didn't really stick to it for very long last time but my kids really remember it well...and they love it!

On no s our family can still eat our favorites made the way I normally make them instead of with ff or low carb variations. We can still have family fun nights with treats without me feeling deprived while I count out my chips and measure my dip. And I can have cake and ice cream on my children's birthdays without feeling guilty! Yipee!

So yesterday I was at the grocery store with my 10yo son. He found a really yummy looking cookie recipe card in the baking isle and brought it home. Today he asked me if we could make them. I told him yes, but not today. he said, "Ok, we'll make them on your S day." :shock: I hadn't even told anyone that I had restarted. I decided to just silently do my thing and let the results speak for themselves.

Heidi

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Heidi...welcome back! I'm glad your family crisis has leveled out for you & you can be back here. You're one busy mom with 7 kids and a grandchild! I'm sure your hands are full most of the time.

We're glad to have you back....

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Welcome, Laurie!

7 kids. Wow! We're feeling pretty overwhelmed with a mere 2.

Your son's reaction reminds me of something I posted recently in another thread:
We didn't plan to inflict No-s on our kids (and haven't, strictly), but it's funny how natural and helpful the concept of S-days are for limiting sweets at least. It's something very easy for kids to accept and understand.
Reinhard

~hf

Post by ~hf » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 am

Thanks for the welcome. (My name is Heidi though <wink>)

I think that NoS will be very helpful in teaching my kids good eating habits. When I was growing up my parents let me eat all kinds of crap whenever I wanted. I'm talking powder sugar donuts and pepsi for breakfast practically everyday, soda everyday all day long and fast food at least 5 times a week. My mother's reasoning was that I didn't have any cavities and was thin so what's the harm...

Now I'm grown and in the worst way. My taste buds were accustom to sugar, sugar and more sugar. The poor eating habits of my youth have caught up with me and now I'm suffering for it.

I've been careful with my kids though and have tried to instill a love of fruit, veggies and milk. 3 things I never consumed until I was a parent myself. :oops:

Looking forward to my S day!
Heidi