Taking a break

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Taking a break

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Everyone!
No I'm not taking a break from NoS, though this whole week has been pretty "off" for me, and lots of failures.. Both me and Richie were sick with a virus and I totally lost my will to stick to *any* of the rules.. I didn't go crazy, but suffice it to say, I'm back up those four pounds I lost when I was good last week for a week..
I have a lot of stress on me right now to find more work and some other stuff all happening at once.
So I'll be limiting my posts here for a while as I'm really feeling tired and stressed from all the changes that are happening, and I just don't have the energy to write much (except on my Son's thread, cos he's my hero!)
So sorry in advance for not reading or keeping up on peoples threads here for a spell till stuff gets more in balance in my life.
I'll still be using HabitCal and updating on my progress as I go.
I just wanted to wish everyone all the best, and will be more interactive again hopefully not too long from now, and hopefully with good things to report!
Love

8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

mama-g

Post by mama-g » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Deb,

Hope you feel better really soon... in all ways.

The life-stuff can be so hard sometimes.

Will look forward to seeing you on here again!!

Stay 8)

Carmel
~Starting Weight: knees hurt, clothes don't fit, kids think I'm still pregnant.
Ideal Weight: I feel good! Clothes fit.... about 20 lbs lighter than I am now~

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Dear Deb,

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time recently...

We'll certainly miss your kind, wise, funny posts -- but if anyone here has earned a bulletin board sabatical it's you!

Best wishes getting things sorted out and looking forward to hearing from you again soon,

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Mama G and Reinhard!
I really appreciate that!
I'll still be here, but just not really able to spend as much time browsing on peoples personal check in's..
Have a great weekend!
Love,
8) Debs

mjn

Post by mjn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:43 pm

I will miss all of your great advice and support. I wish you the best and I know you can keep this going and you just need to rest a bit. Good luck with your walking!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:43 am

Debs, Take care. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Too solid flesh

Taking a break

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:47 am

I will be thinking of you, and hope that things look up soon.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks so much again friends!
Love to all :)
8) Debs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Hope all things get better for you soon. God Bless, will keep you in my prayers.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Thank you very much Catholic Cajun!
Hope you are having a good year. I remember you lost your Mother last year. It's hard.. Good for you for sticking around!
Love,
8) Debs

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am

I am going to miss your wonderful and kind posts.

I pray that your troubles will be eased and you will find the solutions you need. Use the No S as your sane starting point (even if you are not posting) and that will be one less stress in your life.

Hugs
Mo
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Hey Debs,

Certainly enjoy reading your posts, and also seeing the pics of you and your son. It is obvious how much you love him! Thank you for always putting in your very wise 2 cents. I know we've all learned a lot from you.

Resting

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks Mo and Resting! I am sure when I am in a more stable work situation my energy to write will return. I feel I have to put most of my energy on this now, and just trying to keep an even keel with NoS.
The stress has been unremitting lately.
Glad you have felt my posts were supportive and kind!
Feelings are mutual to all my friends here!
Have a great week!
Debs x

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:27 pm

Debs...take care of yourself in the midst of all that's going on. I'll miss you...but you're doing exactly the right thing for you....

Hugs...janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks Janie!
Hugs to you too!
8) Debs x

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Deb,
You do so much to encourage us all on this site. I wish you nothing but blessings. You and Rich take care.
Phyllis
Tell all men that peace is good that's all that need be understood. Theadore Geisel

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Thank you so much Phyllis!!
Bless you and your family.
8) Debs x

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Take care of yourself. Post when you can.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:00 am

Deb,

Best to you and Richard. Hope the break is energizing and healing. Please come back when you're ready - while we understand, we'll miss you!

:)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks Connorcream and KCCC!!!!
I appreciate your kind words :)
8) Debs x

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Hugs.....
Take care of yourself.
Lori
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Thank you very much Lori!!
I'm quietly working on this still, and the time away has helped me to focus more on what I need to be doing.
I'm popping in now and then tho, and appreciate the support and love greatly!

Hugs to you too!
8) Debs x

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi everyone! Well I just wanted to quickly update, while I have the nerve..
Things haven't been going too well I am sad to report.
I'm vacillating between maintaining and gaining and all my bad habits are taking over again.
So in an attempt to be more accountable and a bit more motivated, I am hereby going to make myself do a weekly check in on my thread.
Apparently doing the habit cal alone, while depressed and stressed, isn't really doing the trick. I'm marking and moving on, but unfortunately it seems I'm moving on, on a regular basis, from one red day to another.
I think if I know I will report to my friends here at the end of the week, I will feel a bit more pumped up to succeed, as I will be less "hidden"..
I am pretty sure if I wasn't feeling so down these days, the habit cal alone would be enough, but I'm in a bit of a downward spiral at the moment, so I think being more public will help.
Sorry to sound like a bummer all, but I'm really not too happy.
I'm at my all time highest weight since my Son was born 13 years ago, and I just feel like I've given up on myself, judging from my behaviour.. :(

I even found myself desperately thinking about doing some drinking shakes and having salads, type of diet again, and then coming back to NoS once I'm at a lower weight for a restart.. That thinking kind of lasted about one minute of course, because I know the thrill of shakes will wear off in about half a day.

Anyway.. See you all again soon on my own thread, and hopefully with some good things to report.
My personal goals this week are simply to *not eat at night* and follow basic NoS, as well as 14 mins of dancing or something else that will get me to move my body.. Starting to warm up so walking will definitely commence soon!

8) Debs x

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Debs! I hope you feel better. I know you've heard this before, but do you exercise? If you can buy something that you can do inside, no matter the weather, like an exercise bike, that will help with both the stress AND the lbs. I have depression and I exercise so much I don't need meds anymore. Hope you feel better soon!!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Debs, come here any time for support. You know there's a lot of people here who are very glad to offer it, and wish you only the best.

Please be gentle with yourself right now. If life is hard, telling yourself "bad stories" and beating yourself up only makes it harder! Watch your self-talk, and make it as encouraging and supportive as you can. (Pretend it's one of us talking to you, or you talking to one of us. Would you say that to a friend you wanted to help? Would any of us talk to you that way? If not, don't say it to yourself!)

I am sending you my warmest wishes.

Very sincerely,

KCCC

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:01 am

Thank you very much Nichole and KCCC!
Yes Nichole, I also am very profoundly affected by whether I do or don't exercise. It makes all the difference.
I have also been non stop looking for a job for more than a year now, and that has just been brutal.
But thank *God*, I have an interview coming up this Friday for a good looking job and I truly hope I get it!
Thanks KCCC, I never beat myself up really.. I generally just get up and try again the next day.. This has just been an unusually hard year with the lack of work on top of things.
Have a great week!
Love,
8) Debs x

caroleann

Post by caroleann » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 pm

:cry: Deb, We'll miss your input. Hope you feel better so you can get back on track. Carole Ann
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

The only way to achieve something important that has been out of your reach is to become more assertive. It'll take stong motivation on your part to bodly go where you need to go

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:25 pm

Good luck on the interview!!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi Caroleann! Thanks! This was actually a recent post I made to just say that "taking a break" for a few weeks wasn't really making that much of a difference and to check back in.
I'm still here and I'll be posting to my thread at least weekly, to stay on track and also on others when I can. :)
I had my first successful day yesterday in a while. Still no exercise, but it was the first day of my period and I was not in the most physical mood..
Was just very happy to not overeat at all!
Have a nice day everyone! :)
8) Debs x

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Good luck on the interview!

(Though I'm obviously "projecting" on the self-talk - :) - I still think "being gentle with yourself" is good advice whenever the going gets rough.)

Glad to see you here, and hope it helps.

Best!!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Deb,

I'm very, very sorry things haven't been going well....

I hope the weekly updates here help you turn things around. I've somehow managed to convince myself that the entire world is looking at my habitcal every minute, but I understand that that feat of useful self-deception may not be within everyone's grasp.

"14 minutes of ANYTHING" every N-day is a great system for exercise. My "ANYTHING" happens to always be shovelglove, but honestly I think the particular kind of exercise is not nearly as important as the "temporal" element. Can you try to do it in the mornings? If you get it done early, then you feel charged up for the rest of the day, and (if worse comes to worst and you miss it) you have all day to make it up. I have to do my exercise at night because of the kids, but I vastly preferred doing it in the morning.

Best of luck with the interview, and looking forward to seeing your first weekly report -- a happy one, I hope.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Thank you so much Reinhard and KCCC and everyone!
Well, yesterday I had my first total success in days and no eating at night.
And today, even though I was feeling like crying walking around the supermarket, and I was tempted at every turn to get some chocolate or cookies or whatever, I *didn't*!!!!
I really appreciate the support here so much!
And I will turn this around and feel hopeful already, and less down.
Thanks for the good wishes and good luck for the job!
I am putting all my positive energy on getting that!
And yes, I will just start getting up in the morning and doing fourteen mins of *anything*!!
You guys have really made me feel better and I truly appreciate it!!!
First mini report is that I'm already down a couple of pounds, so I'm headed in the right direction again.
More next week.
Hugs,
8) Debs x