here's my latest fear

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oolala53

here's my latest fear

Post by oolala53 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I got sick this weekend, slightly nauseous most of the time, and not much inclined to eat anything, never mind some sweets and some grazing. I'm worried that when the upset subsides and the normal appetite returns, I will be overwhelmed by the deprivation I might feel after the fact for not having got my ya yas last weekend. Anyone else had to get through this? :roll:
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:33 pm

I've found when I've had a tummy upset that appetite is slow to come back and never creates feelings of deprivation. It still takes a while to want to eat.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:29 pm

With some "spin" I think you'll be all right.

Just say to yourself "the fact that I didn't have full-on maxed-out S-days is a GOOD thing. I'm ahead of the game! And if I can make it through to next weekend I'll be sure to give an extra nice reward to myself..."

Think of some specifics for the reward, to make it more convincing and motivating (and enjoyable!). This is always a good idea, but particularly so in your situation.

Reinhard

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:22 pm

I think your problem is that you are choosing to call your lack of hunger "deprivation", it wasn't deprivation; no one told you not to eat, you just were sick.
You didn't feel like eating and that's the end of it, turn the page and treat the next weekend like it is: just a new page and just go on and eat like you do during a normal weekend.