2 Weeks on the No S Diet.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

camkevbell

Post by camkevbell » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:21 am

Hello all,

I'm Cam from the Pacific Northwest, and in the year 2000 I weighed 160 pounds. At 6 feet tall you can imagine how skinny I was. I never really thought about food choices because weight gain was never an issue. In fact it seemed almost an impossibility.

Two weeks ago on February 9 the scale informed me that I weighed 254 pounds.

My wife has been worried about my weight, thinking it was a permanent situation. My eating habits were horrible because I'd skip breakfast, snack all day long on whatever I could get my hands on, eat lots of fast food, and pig out late at night. I ate so much and so often, that it actually surprises me I haven't gained more weight than I have.

I started the No S diet that day, mostly due to my father-in-laws success with it, and I've already lost 14 pounds. Two weeks, 14 pounds.

The first couple days I had embarrassingly giant plates of food. Now my portions are more reasonable. My S days are not snack filled either, because I prefer to reward myself with a dinner out and a really nice dessert. Because I only eat three times a day, I have been motivated to cook higher quality meals as well. I make them count! A nice benefit of cooking more is of course saving money, and the leftovers in the fridge are good to have on hand for meals to take to work.

I have had to make a few modifications though. I work 7pm to 7am on friday and saturday nights. When I get home on sunday morning my habit had been to eat and go straight to bed. Now I fast from the time I get home sunday morning till monday morning when I begin my day shift schedule. It's not as hard as it sounds, because I sleep a good deal of it. Then I begin monday morning with breakfast and go from there. My S days are actually tuesday and Wednesday.

Tomorrow I am going to throw a daily walk around the neighborhood into the plan and see how that goes. Im hoping to weigh 200 pounds by my 40th birthday on may 24th.

This is my first real attempt at weight loss, and so far it has been awesome. I wish I had found it sooner.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Welcome to No S, camkevbell!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi Kev, you are off to a great start!
Keep it up :)
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

nubiennelady

Post by nubiennelady » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:42 am

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work.

VintageGeek

Post by VintageGeek » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:15 am

Dude, you rock! I hope I can have half the success you've already had. I've been doing this less than a week, but I've already found the "thing" (to steal from a couple of people here who quite rightly can't call it a "diet") to be very sound, and I imagine very doable on a long-term rest-of-my-life kind of basis. Also, the people who frequent this board are very nice, supportive, and intelligent, and they're a great sounding board for any questions or concerns you may have.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!
8-bit is still awesome.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 pm

What a nice post! You seem to have a really nice attitude :) It's also great that this is your first diet you've been on and you don't have to go through the trials other people have with other restrictive diets that mess with your self-esteem. This diet is simple to follow which makes it great. Congrats on minus fourteen!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille