Daily Check-In

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NCSunshine

Daily Check-In

Post by NCSunshine » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm three weeks into the No-S-Diet and although I have lost only 1/2 lb., I'm pleased with the way I feel. I'm especially pleased that I have not snacked between meals except on "S" days. Hopefully I'll be able to continue these habits and the weight will drop.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Congratulations! Don't worry about the "only" 1/2 pound. According to the crude Brian Wansink number I'm fond of throwing around, you should expect only about 1.5 in that period. But it's a crude "one size fits all" number, and a mere pound is well within the margin of error of a typical household scale. At least your scale is showing you lost SOMETHING -- many people don't lose at all the first few weeks on no-s because they're still calibrating their plate sizes, etc. The important thing is to establish the basic pattern of mealtime eating and it sounds like you're doing that brilliantly. Don't stress about the results, keep the focus on behavior and they'll come.

Reinhard