Bummer

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NCSunshine

Bummer

Post by NCSunshine » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:18 am

Weighed this morning and that 1 1/2 lb. that I'd dropped after over a month of NOSing was back. I think if it weren't for overeating so much on weekends, that I would slowly drop these 10 - 12 lbs that I need to loose.

I'm eating reasonably Monday through Friday...not starvation, but as the diet says, sustainable. I need to find a sustainable way to have the S days be rewarding without being so damaging.

There is an answer here; I only need to find it!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:36 am

NCSunshine,
I lost 15 pounds and now am up 5. I've concluded that the answer is to wait. This is first a cure for disordered eating. Yesterday, I worked from 9 until 3 and did not think about food once. My obsession with food and hunger is over. Now it is only a matter of time before my portion size decreases because there's just no benefit to eating so much. If you try to push it and lose weight faster, I think it will backfire. Give it time.
Kathleen

NCSunshine

Kathleen

Post by NCSunshine » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks for your encouragement. I see the logic in what you are saying and that helps not to get so down when a weight gain is staring back at you from the scales.

The other component of this that I did not mention is how much BETTER I FEEL throughout the week when I'm not overeating and how AWFUL I feel when I'm stuffing (how ironic is this? I still LOVE stuffing myself?)

Like you suggested, I'm really hopeful that given time these patterns will correct themselves. After all, what do we have to lose by waiting it out...weight...perhaps!

vmelo

Post by vmelo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Darn! That is discouraging, but it seems as if from reading many other posts on this board that people lose slowly, but the trend is generally downward. I'll bet that will be the case with you, too, in the long run.

I know what you mean about being stuffed, though. It an oxymoron to say that it's a comforting discomfort, but that's the way I feel about it sometimes. I feel the urge to stuff myself, and then afterwards I feel just awful. To bad we can't get that post-stuffed feeling before we put the first bite our mouths!

Hang in there!

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm

I found Reinhard's podcast, S-days gone wild, to be very helpful. Give it a shot.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3401