1 month+ report from a sugar fiend

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Doug Martin

1 month+ report from a sugar fiend

Post by Doug Martin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:07 pm

I thought I would delurk and drop a little note. I started using NoS on my birthday (Oct 3) and its been going really well. The main reason I started was to curb my sugar cravings -- I had been going a little nuts in the last few months.

btw, starting on a S(pecial) day made the decision even easier :-)

I'm still looking forward to my Saturday morning Coke(s) but I'm handling it well during the week. The reduction in sugar was tough a first -- I think I actually had withdrawls. My energy levels seem to be much higher now and I've noticed that on the weekends if I have more than a small amount of sugar I really crash which is causing me to progressivly reduce my intake on the weekends. Good positive reinforcement.

I'm not really overweight (6' and around 185 pounds I think -- I don't own a scale) but I've started losing a bit of the programmers paunch I've got. My jeans are a little looser and my wife has made several comments. All in all, a good thing.

So, if there are any sugar fiends out there lurking and thinking they might want to give it a try I'd say go for it. Its worked well for me.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Ditto on the sweets. I loved them and I ate tons of them, I also was not really overweight. I have been doing this for 43 days and feel so much better. This past Sunday I had my plate of sweets for the evening treat and (first time in my life) couldn't finish them. Thats amazing. I now see dieting people in a different light - there is no need to suffer. I never thought I would be at peace with food. I am truly amazed.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 pm

Yay Doug!!!!
Glad you de-lurked yourself...
I am sure you did experience some detox/withdrawal when you cut your sweet consumption down, if it was really alot before...
But the good thing is that the withdrawal doesn't last long, and then you have a whole new set of "What is Sweet" parameters to work with!
Keep it up!
Programmers paunch, unmonitored, and when you get much older, can turn into beerbarrelbelly-syndrome! LOL..
Might as well stay in good shape to begin with!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:09 am

Doug, I'm glad it's working well for you. Thanks for de-lurking and letting us know.

I like to think that even if one is not very overweight, no-s is humane and unobtrusive enough that it's attractive as a precautionary measure.