June challenge!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 am

Marc and Ms
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
- Lewis B. Smedes
Let the unkind and backhanded compliments go - realize that some people are just insensitive jerks and probably can't help it. You're much better than that.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Ms

Post by Ms » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks Mimi.

I don't hold grudges. I defend myself and move on. However, knowing that people have good intentions or the fact that they're insensitive stupid jerks doesn't make their comments painless. As the saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

As for my paternal grandmother, she is evil. My descripton of her didn't come from pain or lack of forgiveness; it's just what she is. On the other hand, I like my maternal grandmother, even though she says hurtful things too.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 pm

That's too bad Ms...but, just think what a wonderful, beautiful, and loving grandmother you will be when the day comes. You will have learned what you DON'T want to be for your grandchildren. So, as they say, something good always comes from every situation.
As for situations where people make careless, insensitive, or deliberately painful remarks to us...my pastor always says the best way to handle folks like that is to *kill 'em with kindness in return* - hard to do sometimes, though, isn't it?

Take care

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Ms : "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Highway to Hell ... AC DC !! - - Yes !! ;-)

"Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell"

;-)

http://www.metrolyrics.com/highway-to-h ... -acdc.html

Don't worry, be happy, Ms.

I'm sure those people are just jealous of your achievements anyway. If you let them bring you down, *THEY* have won. I was a bit upset on saturday but I have had 3 excellent days in a row so now
*I* am feeling a lot better, heh.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/23/2009 : 211.0 pounds
7 months 23 days / 69.0 pounds

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Aren't we glad to see Marc's hang over is gone. By the wayMarc... when you're done purchasing all of those emerald rings for us, you'll need to compile a CD of all of these great songs you come up with! You can call it the "Blue Bunny's Band Balads for Big Bike-ridin' Bodies"... or Marc's Mad Music Melodies" Just an idea. :wink:

You can be the Richard Simmons of No S!!!

Edit: I just read Marc's first post above and I'm visualizing a sort of Forest Gump/Richard Simmons combo dance/jogging down the road... wearing a bright green running suit no less! You go Marc!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 pm

Emeralds, Oh, I was shopping around, Apparently you buy 10 and you get the 11th one FREE of charge !! :-)

Yeah, I love music and also movies too. Plus now I always train listening to music on my mp3 player and during the cold season(s) I watch tv shows while working out. Not Richard Simmons though .. oh no .. arrrgh !! ;-)

I like it when I am working out and then I hear the beginning of a great song ... then I think : "It's gonna be great to exercise listening to that !!"

Example : Vangelis : "Conquest of paradise" ;-)

I was just running intervals !! Wow, this is HARD !! My legs were hurting once I got back home, they were like JELLY DONUTS but for a good reason this time, I was staggering almost as if I was intoxicated by alcohol ! ;-)

I managed to do only 45 minutes running intervals but it felt harder to do than my recent 51 minutes sessions on the bike. Plus when you run you don't have to deal with traffic on the bike path, secluded area so I only saw 2 cyclists the entire time I was there. It was safer then to have to overtake 100 slower people.

Interval running, this means I run at about 85% of my top speed for around 30 seconds, then I walk back to where I started at a rapid pace, brisk walk ... I was checking my pulse, right after running fast I was in the low 160's and after the rapid walk back I was down to 135 ... then I wait about 15 seconds to get in the 120's and I do it again, run fast-walk back, run fast, walk back ... this is what sprinters do at the Olympics, and did you see their bodies ?? unbelievable !!

Of course they would laugh seeing my top speed is 50% slower then theirs probably, maybe 65%, they would laugh *HARD* seeing me running trying to catch up to them, they could take a break mid race and still finish ahead of me ! ;-)

My legs will hurt like hell tomorrow morning, lol ! It's usually like that when I break in a new exercise routine and of course I can't do a lil' 10 minutes and build on that slowly but surely, I have to be full on for 45 minutes straight the very 1st time, so typical ! It was very hot so I had brought 2 bottles of water instead of just one and by the time I got home they were both empty.

I'll try to find a spot where I can do this on grass or around a gravel track (there's a soccer field nearby that could be ideal), It should be easier on me too, but I was pleased by this TEST RUN today.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:58 am

Emeralds, Oh, I was shopping around, Apparently you buy 10 and you get the 11th one FREE of charge !! Smile
One of em's mine! One of em's mine! :D

Mimi

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 am

That three carat oval is mine!

(Pushing mimi down in mad rush to get the best emerald. Glad now that I have kept up the exercise routine!)

:D

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Ah ha, Berry! But you have no idea what kind of shape I'M in!!!!!!!! :D

Mimi

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Remember my order... white gold and a big emerald!

Oh, it's on sale!!! http://www.angara.com/shop.do?cID=1944&pID=625444

You know, I kind of am an anti-electronics person, so when I finally got my MP3 player, I thought I'd never use it, but I lost the little thing and now I really miss it!!! I know I lost it Easter weekend, and I know it's here somewhere... quiet walking isn't even half as fun!

How are we doing everyone??? One week left!!! GO GO GO GO GO Go go go ...
Last edited by ~reneew on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:27 am

Well...one of my goals this month was to aim for no reds and so far there haven't been any. Yay!
The other, and more important goal, was to focus on my behavior rather than get caught up in weight loss, or lack of it.
I decided not to weigh except on the first three days of each month and take an average. I haven't stepped on the scale since June 3 and it feels SOOOO good. I feel so free and peaceful. My eating behaviors have been falling into place - becoming habit, I believe. I don't mind the evenings anymore without snacking. I used to think I HAD to eat something every night! Sometimes I ate the whole night long! :oops: But no more!
I think my June has been very successful and with the new baby and all, I feel extremely blessed.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:30 am

I'm so happy for you Mimi! You go girl! Did you see above that my ring is on sale! Hurry Marc!

Should I issue another challenge for July?
Please pray for me

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:01 am

Another Challenge, ~reneew? Heck yeah! Um, I mean yes please.

I'm pleased with this month. One Failure (hopefully no more). As I've said, I really enjoy eating this way.

Oh, um... I'm sure there must be some men's rings with emeralds. So... do I get one too? Just a small emerald, but lot's of gold... Thanks! :)
--- Stephen ---
My No S Diet Progress
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:24 am

Doing pretty good, thank you, Reneew, for the challenge.
I had one red and that was because I moved one of the s days to the middle of the week and that didn't work, so, I've learned that.
I like updating my post every night before bed, I feel it's better that using the calendar, because you fellas can see if I had a red and that alone has kept me from cheating.
If you issue another challenge, I think I'll join again.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:25 pm

sgstarling... to put in your order for emerald jewelery, you have to talk to Marc. He's the one we all voted to be the one to buy them all for us. In return, we're going to all pitch in and buy him some green socks? Wasn't that it? There was a thread going about those emeralds...quite funny, huh Marc?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Everyone voted ... except *ME* .... lol !

I'll have to talk to my homeboys (homies) about a daring jewelry store heist !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Yup, Marc...it will take that, even with Renee's ring on sale! Start planning!!!!

P.S. Please let's do another challenge for July Renee! I'll be in!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:43 pm

I'll be issuing another challenge probably Sunday or Monday so be on the look out and start mentally preparing! :wink: It's a fresh start!

I'm considering new ideas and I don't want to get too wild and scare anyone off... if you have any ideas, please send me a private message.
Thanks!

Also... some of us have kind of faded out, some have had incredible success, and some of us are downright droppin'! Great effort everyone! We only have a couple N days left...give it your all!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Finish the month with a blast of compliance... and update us for the record!
Please pray for me

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm still here! I have not stepped up in a blaze of glory on the exercise, but my No S compliance is solid green for the month.

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Final report...

I had been slip-sliding a bit in May (too much travel), and the June challenge brought me back in line. No reds on the basic No-S calendar, and an amazing exercise record - the best ever! I only missed 3 days. Though some of my greens were at 15-minute-minimum levels, at least my exercise was consistent.

Still having some "wild" S-days, though fewer than in prior months. I'm okay with that - they just flare up sometimes, when life is crazed. But they were better, so I'm happy with that.

So, I categorize the June challenge as a
BIG SUCCESS
for me! Thanks, ~reneew, for starting this!

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Success on No S for me, too! And down either a pound or a pound and a half -- I can't remember what I weighed at the end of May. :oops:

July, however, is going to have to be all about the exercise. I will be on vacation from the first through the ninth, so it will be easy then! I hope to build a habit that I can coast back into regular life and continue ...

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:42 pm

June was a BIG SUCCESS for me!

NO reds!

Behavior was very good - both on N days and S days.

I'm extremely pleased with the results! Can't wait to see if there is any weight loss!
Along with continuing to focus on behavior, I'm adding exercise as a focus in July. I'll aim and count a green day if I'm successful at exercising at least 3 to 5 days each week.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:24 am

Well, look at that, only one red day and because of something that I know better not to do.
Not too bad.
The important thing is that I realized can reign in myself when I get a bit out of bounds and that makes me confident that I can do this forever.
I also lost some weight, I can't really say how much exactly because I'm suffering from female bloatiness right now, but it is anywhere from 3 to 4 pounds, which are nicely evident to me when I cross my legs.
Thanks again for the challenge, Reneew.