A question about *red* days...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mimi

A question about *red* days...

Post by mimi » Sat May 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Okay, I'm going to try to go back to ground zero and practice Vanilla No-S in June. I want to focus on my behaviors, not so much on weight loss. But first I need to clear up some confusion in my mind about what constitutes a *red* day. There's been so much chatter lately with different takes and mods and so on, that I'm losing my way a little.
:oops:

Would a red day be a Monday, Tues., Wed., Thurs., or Friday where you had a snack, a sweet, or a second helping? One slip = red day?

And there's no such thing as a *red* S day, am I right? That would just be an S day where you overindulged, correct?

Could a Vanilla No-S *expert* please be so kind to step up and help out a confused NoEsser?
Thanks!
Mimi :oops:
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat May 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, I am too new to give advice probably - but I treat Mon-Fri as green days only if I don't have any sweets, snacks or seconds.

Saturdays, Sundays and Special Days I would allow a bit more leeway but not craziness or the work for the entire week would be for naught.

I'm not sure what Vanilla S means

:wink:

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm

You have it right.

You can't fail on S-days(Sa,Su). (Thank goodness!)

And a failure is breaking the rules on an N-day (M,Tu,W,Th,F). By the rules I mean eating something not on one of your 3 plates (snacks, seconds), or eating something that is classified as a sweet.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun May 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Hunter Gatherer wrote:You have it right.

You can't fail on S-days(Sa,Su). (Thank goodness!)

And a failure is breaking the rules on an N-day (M,Tu,W,Th,F). By the rules I mean eating something not on one of your 3 plates (snacks, seconds), or eating something that is classified as a sweet.
I'd been doing this for well over a year before I realized that there was a "rule" about using just one plate. I've almost always used a separate plate for salad and not visualized my bowl of soup as fitting on my plate. Since that's how I started, that's how I've continued and I've not noticed any problems because of it. I don't count days as red because I've used a second plate or a bowl in addition to my plate of food. I have one serving of whatever is being served (with the exception of sweets/dessert).
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun May 31, 2009 4:16 pm

I also highly recommend the book. :wink: It goes more in depth and answers some of those questions even before they come up... besides, Reinhard doesn't get paid anything unless books are purchased. :wink: Great guy, huh? I also think that it helps to get me "in the groove" for no S ing.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:12 am

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I have the book, Renee, and I've been rereading parts of it, but skimming through it, I couldn't find a really word-for-word *definition* of a red day, just the mention of green, red, and yellow days in the section Tracking with the Habit Traffic Light. So many people construct mods and post about them, that I was beginning to confuse myself! :oops:

And Strawberry, *Vanilla* No-S is straight-up, strict No-S- by the rules...no tweaks or modifications (sprinkles).

I'm good to go now...you all have a very GREEN June 1st - first day of the new challenge!
Talk to ya later!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 am

Thanks mimi.

I had a Vanilla May then!

Hoping for June. :lol: