My first month of No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

khristal23

My first month of No S

Post by khristal23 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:06 pm

I started about the beginning of May with No S. I lost 3 lbs right off the bat, gained them back, then lost them again for a total loss of 3 lbs for the entire month, which I am quite pleased with because I barely exercised at ALL!

So, here in June, I am going to exercise every single day, even if it's just 14 minutes (but will probably be more) and see if I can't lose a little more than 3.

I have to admit, I was quite pleased to be able to lose 3 lbs total for a month without any exercise. I also had about 2 red days, but I think that was it.

Today is my birthday, so I enjoyed Ruby Tuesday's (yum), and tomorrow we start fresh.

I'm excited to see how things pan out in June with the addition of exercise to this plan!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Welcome, congratulations on your success so far, and happy birthday!

Reinhard

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Happy Birthday and congrats on the three pound loss.

I LOVE Ruby Tuesday's. We have one in our mall. I love the veggie burgers there and of course the salad bar!

Good luck, did you join the June challenge thread?

SR :?

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:39 am

Happy birthday to you!

Good job looking at things in the long term! I'm glad you were able to stick to the plan even when you gained those pounds back (what a cruel turn of events!) and attain their loss in the end.

Remember that Reinhard recommends taking S-days off when it comes to exercise too.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:45 am

Yes, it stunk gaining them back and it also didn't help that I decided to take Memorial Day as an "S" day which occurred on a Monday so I got 3 days of eating how I wanted to, and I for sure overdid it!

I'm taking S days off for exercise, but I'm going to be sure to do it on my N days. I honestly believed that if I had worked out I would have lost maybe a few more pounds last month.

And no, I haven't signed up for the June Challenge thread yet. I tried to do May but kind of petered out on remembering to post.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Happy B'day!

3 pounds is great :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18