Survived my first day!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

Survived my first day!

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri May 06, 2005 11:24 am

Breakfast was kind of light, since I was planning on my usual 10 am snack. Then I found your website. No snack! By the time lunchtime came around I thought I was going to pass out from hunger, but I didn't. So I made a big plate of ham, pasta, and green beans, and a can of mixed fruit (well drained and rinsed to get the sugar syrup out). Then I ended up putting a third of it in the fridge because I couldn't hold that much food. What a surprizing day! I was sure I could make it until dinner, but then husband called and said he would be late...more hunger. But I made it. Let me tell you, I really enjoyed my meals yesterday!

I am ready to do another day of no snacks, no sweets, and no seconds!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri May 06, 2005 2:04 pm

Congratulations, Jan! I think you'll find that hunger between meals becomes much less of an issue once you get a better sense of how much it to put on your plate to tide you over to the next meal. In the beginning it's best to put a little too much on your plate, rather than get so hungry that you break down and snack after. Just one more day till Saturday... hang in there. The beginning is the hardest part. But keep hanging in there, being strict, and it gets easy fast.

jools

good for you

Post by jools » Fri May 06, 2005 3:11 pm

HI Jan,

We have all been there- i ate comically way too much the first week i was so afraid of getting hungry between meals. When i think about what i used to eat for lunch and what i eat now- its hysterical. :lol:

R. is right the beginning is the hardest but do as he says- be comically strict with yourself- have a glass of water or tea (no sugar) if you need to put something in your mouth. It will be so easy before long and if you are a stay at home mom then stay out of the kitchen between meals and think of the self control you are gaining.

i ate abnormally late last night also- but filled up quickly because i was so hungry- so i ate alot less than i would have if i ate at my normal time and i was down in weight this a.m. :) go figure. I used to think if i ate late i would be up in weight in the morning, and its true when i was eating enough for 3 people. lol

have a great 2nd day and think of the self control you are gaining woohoo :!:

Jools

Julia

Post by Julia » Sat May 07, 2005 10:27 am

Like you warned, this is not so easy to start with. Day four, my first at home not at work, I am finding it very hard not to wander into the kitchen, eat an apple (or worse) etc etc. I'm obsessing about it right now, which is why I thought I might distract msyelf by boring you lot with my struggle. But with my blood pressure and blood sugar both rising, according to the doc, I have to cultivate some better habits, or regret it sooner rather than later.

And guess what, sitting down and writing this has made me think about the very good reasons why I am doing this, for a moment forgetting my craving to fill that psychological hole with something yummy. Hoorah!

Onwards and upwards (or downwards if we're talking scales)

Julia

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat May 07, 2005 12:21 pm

Julia, be strong! You can do this, and you must, given the medical conditions you cited. Try a nice glass of water with a slice or two of lemon or lime squeezed into it. This is so refreshing! Or get an exotic flavored herbal tea. Go exercise, clean house, go for a walk. Remember this is an s day, so treat yourself (a little!). Whatever you do to get through today, you will feel so :D about your accomplishment when you go to bed tonight.

Julia

Post by Julia » Sun May 08, 2005 7:06 pm

Jan,
Thanks for the encourgaement. You be strong too!

Julia