HI I am new

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cin

HI I am new

Post by cin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

HI
I was checking this site a month or so ago. My friend and I started doing No Essing and she is doing great. I was doing really well, then life kicked me big time. My mother passed away june 1, I start a new job june 15, my son and his wife told us they are preg!! my dd got engaged on her bday june 5!, and since I am an only child, sort of keeping care of dad.SO emotional eating good and bad are my vices.

So I am starting again, didnt do well yesterday but will start again. Oh will keep on trying all the time.
Just bought the book yesterday, I only found 1 copy in my city but I am in Nova Scotia Canada.
Got to get ready for work now. cya
Cindy

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Welcome! Wow! My sympathies and congratulations. This seems to me to be a perfect time in your life for a fresh start! Go for it!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

la_loser

Welcome!

Post by la_loser » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Welcome-I hope that No S will help you find a strong structure and some peace in this sea of emotion you've been experiencing.

Rather than calling emotional eating your vices, you might think of those as challenges. It's seems much kinder to yourself--and you deserve a little kindness--hey, a lot of kindness!

Look forward to hearing from you.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Welcome - be gentle with yourself as you being again...you've had an awful lot to deal with this month.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Hello Cindy & welcome :)

First of all, my sympathies for your mother's passing... you have had a lot on your plate in the last month haven't you. I do hope you find NoS actually a relief and not one more thing to worry about. For the short time I've been on NoS I've found it incredibly stress-free as a way of dieting / eating. Which is, I think, one of its most important pluses.

The other thing I'd like to tell you, because it's something other NoSers have shared with me, is that NoS can work at its best especially at times when everything else seems completely out of control & unmanageable. If you stick to it for the first month or so you'll find then that it becomes second nature to eat this way, & it doesn't feel like a struggle. On those difficult, chaotic days when everything else is hard, doing NoS feels like a safe structure to hold on to.

On the other hand, please don't be hard on yourself if you have slip-ups, you're going through a rough period. Please do use the board, there's always someone here who's at hand to help...

Best of luck
Cassie

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:38 pm

What Cassie said...I couldn't agree more.

Welcome!

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 am

Cassie wrote:... NoS can work at its best especially at times when everything else seems completely out of control & unmanageable ... On the other hand, please don't be hard on yourself if you have slip-ups
Cin -- I have found what Cassie says to be absolutely true ... and I've also found that as I gradually build up successes at No-S, I also somehow find the strength to deal with other issues in my life, in a much better way that I would otherwise have done. The key, of course, is as Cassie says: "don't be hard on yourself" ... I wish you well in your recovery from this difficult time. If you don't actually post, be sure to check these boards for reassurance, but I, too, would encourage you to post. There are lots of wonderful, supportive people here.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:57 am

I also agree that No S is most valuable when everything else is out of kilter.

It is good to have control over SOMETHING.

Sorry for all you have been through lately, welcome to the boards and Good Luck....

SR :wink:

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:57 pm

StrawberryRoan wrote:I also agree that No S is most valuable when everything else is out of kilter.

It is good to have control over SOMETHING.

Sorry for all you have been through lately, welcome to the boards and Good Luck....

SR :wink:
And I agree. Welcome!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Welcome!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

cin

thanks

Post by cin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:19 am

WOW thanks for all the kind words and great welcome. I must try to get here more often. I am at spark people a lot when on the puter.
I really want to get a good solid start again on the NO S as last time I know it worked. My friend from Maine is trying too and has done well although not so much now. So we are back together.
I am in total agreement with one of the posters that said they have some type of protein for breakfast helps with feeling hungry.
So saying............off I go to make some breakfast.

Cya around!
Cindy

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:11 pm

I came here from sparkpeople... that was sure a lot of calculating! This is way easier and it works.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Welcome Cin and good luck !
Sounds like you have the right attitude to make it !

Don't be afraid to share your thoughts and opinions ... and keep us updated on your progress too of course.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/16/2009 : 211.6 pounds
7 months 16 days / 68.4 pounds

hotmailmamma

Post by hotmailmamma » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Welcome Cin! I don't have any advice only implementing the No S way for a week. I will say that mentally I feel free! Adding exercise to my lifestyle way before doing the No S way has made improving my diet much easier.

My condolences on the passing of your mother. My mother-in-law passed away here in my home the night before Mother's Day. I think instead of being too busy to eat, I ate everything I could get my hands on and did more cooking in a week than I had done in a year.

No S is certainly a stress free way to look at food.
Diamonds are a girls best friend, but Good Sense is a Woman's best friend! - ME
SW: 270lbs - 267lbs
http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/edit/?t=*&o=4259