Emralds and Deployment

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

Emralds and Deployment

Post by Betty » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm thinking about two posts here, the one on the emrald reward ring/ (no) sugar daddy and shamrockmommy's post about being at the end of her rope with her husband's deployment.

Could we set up a reward system for ourselves that benefits those of us who needs it the most? Like: we all put 25 cents into a pot for every green day we have each month... and put it into a babysitting fund for Tiffini or a x fund for Y?

I think I would be more complient if I knew my reward were being passed on to someone who really, really needs a reward. I've already got so much.

Not to say that Tiffini is the only person on this board who is having a hard time. I wouldn't want to be the one who choses who gets the reward $, but, I'm just rambling here, with an idea to get us thinking... anyone feel the same way?

betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 pm

I think it would be a lot more manageable if we were all in the same general area -- not all over the world!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah - that makes it very difficult. Personally I enjoy the camaraderie with everyone more than I would money - board support is so helpful for me. Just feeling like you have *someone in your corner* makes such a difference when you feel like you need it. It's amazing how you grow close to folks you've never met and who are, in reality, so far away!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:04 pm

I am honestly so flattered ! I don't think I would feel right accepting money though, all I need is your support and a place to vent and feel ok about venting. YOu guys have been so great listening to me moan. Most of the time I do just fine but then there are days... well you see it builds up.

I have been making an effort to keep us all busier and I had my mom watch the kids for a couple hours while I got groceries.

Thanks to all my noS family for their love and support, and I hope that I will be able to reciprocate as well. :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

la_loser

On it like duck on a Junebug. . . or

Post by la_loser » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Tiff,
You KNOW it is OK to vent to us! Good grief--isn't it the coolest when someone posts a problem or crisis or whatever, particularly if it's something really disconcerting, that someone is all over it like gravy on biscuits (sorry, an homage to a earlier post today!) I continue to be amazed at the solid sensible and support we find here.

Who would have ever thunk that a gentle librarian/programmer could have created this thing?! Gratitude to the man here.

Keep on posting and someones' bound to jump in!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: