Living Proof

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

spiralstares

Living Proof

Post by spiralstares » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:31 pm

I'm posting this here for a couple reason. One is because we get a lot of posts from frustrated individuals who aren't losing weight, and second because I know many or most of the people here don't read the daily check-ins.

I started the No-S diet in the middle of June, now almost exactly 5 months later I am down 50 pounds. So it's been my experience that No-S really works if you commit to it.

Kevin

50 pounds!!!!

Post by Kevin » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:12 pm

Holy Crap! Great job!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:49 pm

Good for you Spiral! I am happy for you!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:17 pm

Reinhard, I think we found our Jared.

Wow, that is a tremendous accomplishment, Spiral!
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:22 pm

What a wonderful accomplishment, Spiral! :D

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:53 am

Wow, Spiral - that's impressive! I take it you're exercising as well :)

I've been on NoS for 5 months and have lost 20 pounds - that's with little exercise (beyond the incidental, everyday sort of walking to the train station), free-for-all weekends and sometimes having a Maccas quarter-pounder on an N-day :)
So, for the frustrated, even less dedicated people can lose weight on NoS!

I didn't have much weight-result at first - and a max loss of one pound a week can seem very slow. But it's constant and it really adds up - and even for that first month when I wasn't losing weight, I was brighter and more energetic, could concentrate better, slept better, etc. So to all the frustrated people - don't be! If you don't see one result, you'll see another.

ang_grrr

Post by ang_grrr » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:01 am

You must be really chuffed!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:46 pm

Spiral, congratulations and thanks for posting this. I do check the all the check-ins but it takes me about a week to get through them all -- and this is certainly "general discussion" worthy news.

To my knowledge, there are two other nosdieters who lost 50+ pounds, but I haven't heard anything from them in a while so who knows. Sometimes I wish I'd started out fatter myself so I could be more Jared-like now :-) I think 10 pounds less would land me in the morgue.

You are in undiscovered country, my friend. Keep popping in every now and then to let us know what it's like.

Congratulations, too, silverfish. 20 pounds is not shabby at all. Particularly since they were so painless.

Reinhard

JWL

Post by JWL » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:02 pm

congrats, spiralstares! That's amazing news....

To any doubters: No-S definitely works. I've lost quite a bit of weight as well since I started, also in June.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

spiralstares

Post by spiralstares » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:02 pm

silverfish wrote:Wow, Spiral - that's impressive! I take it you're exercising as well :)
I'm exercising a bit, but I expect to exercise more as I continue losing the weight. (I bet a dozen people $100 each that I would run the New York City Marathon next year. that was an easy bet for them to take when I was 300 pounds, but the more I lose the less it seems like a sure-thing for them. I begin training in earnest in a few months.) It's been my goal to get a little more exercise and to eat a little better as each week goes on. So, I'm with the group that says you can't do this without some form of exercise. I take that back, you can lose the weight without exercise, but you'll probably be just as unhappy with your physique at the new weight as your were at the old. I go to dadsotr.com, buy a bunch of old time radio shows and urban ranger around NYC.

I also make an effort to really embrace both No-S and S days. I think there can sometimes be a desire by people to not overindulge on an S-day, and in so doing, they forget to indulge at all. There were some people who didn't take Halloween as an S-day, for god's sake! I think the more you celebrate the S-days (and I don't mean gorge, I just mean don't put too many restraints on yourself), the better off you'll be. I think if you're wishy-washy about the S-days, you end up being wishy-washy about the No-S days too.

choxie

WOW< GREAT!!!

Post by choxie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:13 pm

Wonderful nes Spiralstares.

You are truly inspirational.

I have around 120 lbs to lose myself and just reading your posts helps me to realize that I can do it, too.

Keep up with all of the wonderful improvements and success you are doing.