thelivinlowcarbshow

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

guadopt1997

thelivinlowcarbshow

Post by guadopt1997 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Is No-S going to be on this today?

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I found it at the link below and am listening to it as we speak. (Has a great picture of Reinhard!)

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks, Winnie. That was so enjoyable.

Does anyone know the profile name of the person who appeared on the Women's World Daily for No-S in 2008?

la_loser

Blondie is the cover girl!

Post by la_loser » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 pm

In a thread called "You've long admired her feet" Reinhard reveals that member Blondie is our cover girl. She still posts occasionally. She is identified as Mandy in the Woman's World magazine:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... ight=mandy

Also here are some links Reinhard posted about the article:
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm

That woman's Day article is what brought me here. I tore it out and it took a few (6) months to actually find the site and read it, but I sure wish I'd have done it sooner! Thanks again Reinhard... you deserve more publicity! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks for posting everything, LA Loser. :)

la_loser

No S Press!

Post by la_loser » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 pm

What fun--as i listened I did my ShovelGlove for the day!
You can listen to it anytime--or download it to your computer.
More positive press for No S!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 pm

The site seems to be down at the moment, but I'm pretty sure our interview should be on today.

Warning: I haven't gotten to the point yet where giving interviews is second nature, and if I remember correctly, it takes me a few minutes of rambling to find my stride in this one. I think by the middle I'm reasonably coherent, though. I hope so!

Reinhard

la_loser

You sounded great!

Post by la_loser » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 pm

I just clicked on the link at the top of this thread again and it's working fine. . . and Reinhard, you sounded quite professional and so sane--as opposed to some of the "crusaders" who often tout their big diet solutions!

Considering Jimmy's Lo Carb preferences, I thought he was quite supportive and his endorsement is solid. I read his review of your book on the link on his site (you have to scroll down through lots of other reviews) and it's good too.

Good press indeed. It will be interesting to see if there's a run on new members after his listeners have heard it.

Awesome!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:30 am

Very good job on today's broadcast. You came across clear, logical, and as stated directly above me, not some crusader asking all of us to cut out a complete food group from our diets.

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:59 am

I think I'm going to add more. As I read the incoming comments about the podcast today the typical "food fear" respondents are starting to crawl out of their comas and commenting about how No S can not be "nutritionally" good for you. I appreciate what Jimmy Moore has done, and admire him for his weight loss success, not just initially, but over several years now, but certain diets, and not just low carb, tend to breed fear in its followers, "If I eat this I'll be addicted to "x" again, if I do that I have to star "y" over again."

Roy Walford in the "Beyond the 120 Year Diet" shows evidence, and argues pretty convincingly, that reducing calories has the same metabolic effect as reducing carbs. The trick is, to reduce the calories and carbs that are "junk" nutrition. Obviously this is part of No S. Dump the crap 5 days a week, don't stuff your pie hole at dinner, and don't snack. And as Reinholdt said, snacking, even with the best intentions, often denegrates from tomato and avacado slices to Snickers nuggets and M&M's.

Again, good job today.

J.

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:20 am

~reneew wrote:That woman's Day article is what brought me here. I tore it out and it took a few (6) months to actually find the site and read it, but I sure wish I'd have done it sooner! Thanks again Reinhard... you deserve more publicity! :wink:
I tried to find the article at womansday.com but no luck. I'd like to read it.

J.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Just listened to it. Was better than I remembered! I'm relieved.

Some of the commenters on the site were a little... well, defensive, but I think that's only to be expected on an explicitly low carb site, and Jimmy himself was very gracious.

Over43 -- it was woman's world (not day) and LA Loser pasted the link above.

Here is is again:
Reinhard

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Here's the direct link to the interview: (the link to the main page above shows the current episode which presumably will change):

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/show ... isode-265/

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm listening now..
Reinhard that's such a *great* pic of you btw.. for your next book pressing, you might want to consider making a cover that includes it.. Like on the back page?
You can see you are so fit just from the face pic, and you look really cute and happy and approachable.. Hmmm... Kinda like the diet as well!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:39 pm

reinhard wrote: Over43 -- it was woman's world (not day) and LA Loser pasted the link above.

Here is is again:
Reinhard[/quote]

Thank you. I read it. Especially the part where occassional binging will increase metabolism 14%. I recall on my low carb days, on Sunday (yes, even during induction), I'd have a Coke and after dinner blackberry cobbler. It always seemed after that my "big" weight loss days would be Monday and Tuesday.

Thanks for the link LA-Loser.

J.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:36 am

Very nice show, Reinhard! Enjoyed listening.

Comments are interesting... one person dismissed the whole message b/c she saw a link on this site that went to a CNN report about low-carb being dangerous. Her comments sound almost religious in their fervor - her faith is in low-carb, and if you challenge it, nothing else you say can have value. (Even though I think No-S is pretty "agnostic" in terms of WHAT you eat.)

It was a good show, and I'm glad to see you getting some coverage. There'll be a day when we tell folk around us "I was on No-S before No-S was famous." :)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:56 pm

KCCC wrote:Very nice show, Reinhard! Enjoyed listening.

Comments are interesting... one person dismissed the whole message b/c she saw a link on this site that went to a CNN report about low-carb being dangerous. Her comments sound almost religious in their fervor - her faith is in low-carb, and if you challenge it, nothing else you say can have value. (Even though I think No-S is pretty "agnostic" in terms of WHAT you eat.)

It was a good show, and I'm glad to see you getting some coverage. There'll be a day when we tell folk around us "I was on No-S before No-S was famous." :)
I saw her comments as well. And you are right, quite religious in her approach. You can't say anything against the faith. Interesting. In fact a couple of people posted and sounded as if they'd tuned out and turned off immediatey with listening to what was being said. Too bad.

O43

la_loser

Publicity at least!

Post by la_loser » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 pm

I suspect that it could be that some people might still investigate a little further. . . particularly if/when (most likely) they get tired of living that low carb life. . . Jimmy's followers are probably as devoted to him as we are to Reinhard!

In any event, any press is probably good press--especially since Jimmy gave the book a good review and wouldn't have invited Reinhard to be a guest if he didn't see the value of No. S

The simplicity and saneness of No S is its biggest selling point, I think and sounds too good to be true--till you've really given it a shot!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Reinhard that's such a *great* pic of you btw.. for your next book pressing, you might want to consider making a cover that includes it.. Like on the back page?
Thanks, Deb! It actually is the picture that was used in the book author photo (except bigger and in color).
In any event, any press is probably good press-
Absolutely. In fact I've already been contacted about another potential interview because of this one.

It doesn't surprise me at all that some of Jimmy's listeners are a little fervent (I guess I should have emphasized the low "sweet" and "snack" carb aspect of no-s!). I'm just happy that the interview itself went well (they haven't always!), that I didn't stumble or meander too much. Jimmy himself was very broad minded to have me on at all given his "mandate," and very welcoming and polite.

Reinhard

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 am

Jimmy Moore is quite a polite, and well informed interviewer. I don't think I have ever listened to one of his shows that he hasn't been very excellent to his guests.

O43