Down 8 pounds since May!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:38 pm

I am so glad to be able to post this to you all!!!
I went to yoga today, which totally annihilated me, cos I have been skipping it and then going, only about once every two weeks...
Afterward I weighed on the scale at the gym, and I am down 8 pounds since mid May!!!!
This is even during pms, which usually adds two pounds of water weight.. As long as I basically stick to what I've been doing, and continue to not eat at night, and do my stair climbing when going to the car park garage, up to our apartment, etc... I may actually be down an additional few pounds in a week or so when my period passes..
I feel amazing!!!!! And I'm so happy that I've been accomplishing this 1. without having a scale in the apartment and only focusing on behaviours, and 2. really clamping down on night time eating and taking every opportunity to take the stairs whenever possible!! :D
I said I'd update in July, but I couldn't wait!!! Hahah!!!
Totally *STOKED*!!!!
Have a great weekend day and excellent weekend everyone~

8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Great job!! Congrats! :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

la_loser

Woo Hoo!

Post by la_loser » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Woo Hoo -- You go girl!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:02 pm

That is fantastic, Deb! Congratulations!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Wow, that is great Deb. Congrats

Stay the course....SR :wink:

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Congratulations, Deb! Great news. And when you've had the stress of moving house, as well.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Debs, great work !!
You're melting ;-)

The 3am night time snacks were definitely slowing down your progress before. Combining this with being more active worked out for you.

You're on the way now with this excellent start.
Hard work certainly pays off in the end.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/23/2009 : 211.0 pounds
7 months 23 days / 69.0 pounds

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 pm

Wow! That's terrific! :D
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks everyone!!!! I'm really elated today!!!!
What a high!!!
I've been walking around almost giddy saying (to myself) "I'm so proud of myself!!!!" and singing and just feeling psyched!!!! Hahah so dorky!!! :)
But I don't care!!! Nothing could ruin my good mood today!!! :mrgreen:

Marc, you hit the nail on the head.
The three am raids were *totally* thwarting my progress, and lack of activity too..
It feels so amazing to say, safely, that I'm really on track and getting healthy again!!!

I even did a shoulder stand in yoga for the first time in over two years..
Last three classes, I wasn't able to do it.. That felt awesome!!! (even though I thought my head was gonna explode from the blood rushing to it!! hahah)

More "official" updates to come in July!
Thanks again guys for your support!!
8) Debs x

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:28 am

Good for you Debs, and congratulations on all accounts - the 8 lb. loss in particular, but also accomplishing the shoulder stand! Your body is thanking you for being so good to it! :D Keep up the great work!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:54 am

Yay, Debs! You're reaping the rewards of staying on habit! Go, girl! :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:56 am

Thanks again guys!!!! :wink:
8) Debs x

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Good goin'! Now, go lift a big 8 lb. roast at the grocery store for perspective. :wink: It's a lot!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Ms

Post by Ms » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Congrats Deb!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks guys!
Yeah Rene, I do stuff like that all the time.
Like when you think "five pounds isn't much" go and pick up a bag of potatoes and see what it's like to carry around for a few mins..
Definitely nice to be shedding excess weight.
I can't *wait* for the day when I don't have to lug an extra 80 lbs around anymore!!!
Stair climbing will feel like hopping on clouds :wink:
Have a good weekend all!
8) Debs x

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Oh and ps... I haven't really mentioned this cos I thought Richie would make an appearance on his own at some point, but he hasn't,,, so I'm gonna also report that he also has been shedding extra pudding since we have been here.
I believe he's lost about the same amount as me!!!
He used to have some big luv handles and his waist line was beginning to climb up.. Now all the pants I got him in Spring are all slipping down and he needs a belt!!! :D
We've been really cheering and spurring each other on, so it's been very helpful that we do this together.
Just for the Summertime tho, we talked yesterday about adding a few extra allowed S's per week.. Not candy or cake, but if he wants some Italian Ices from the pizza place near us, or really is dying for an ice cream, we're gonna allow two single servings, per week besides on S days.
That will still beat having them 6 or 7 days a week.

MB

Post by MB » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Could you give me a sample of a day's menu?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Well I never eat the same stuff twice on any two days, and there's no real rhyme or reason.. just whatever we have around, or if I am in the mood and have money, something special that I make at home or order in.. LOL

Yesterday I had a very small bowl of cereal... actually I just finished off Richards left over oatmeal cos he left half of it..
Then had two slices of pizza for lunch.. and dinner was a large plate of Chinese food... about 5 dumplings and 3 spare ribs...
And I had a peach at night.

A few days ago on an S day, we went out for my birthday and I had a virgin strawberry daquiri, shared cheese fries with my Son and a plate of fried shrimp and had a gigantic plate of salad with Bleu Cheese and Ranch dressing...

Last week I had a day when I had English Muffin and for breakfast and Lentil barley soup for the rest of the day for all my meals..

When I had money to get fresh fruit and veg I had a few days when we had Pineapple with a few of our meals..
Hmmm.... I think I had a few days where I had Ramen soup with thrown in Soy Chicken nuggets...

Couple of days we had Spinach and cheese stuffed pizza and also Stuffed Eggplant parmesean slices..

I get Salmon sushi whenever I can afford it for a meal and smother it in pickled ginger and wasabi!

I had Mc Donalds on the weekend for Breakfast.. The Mc Griddle thing.. with the pancake flavouring on the muffins, with sausage and cheese..

I made some weird stuffing and green beans and thrown in cashew nuts and raisins the other day, and some Spanikopita (Feta cheese and Spinach stuffed pastries)...

Every day I have about three cups of coffee with two teaspoons of hot chocolate mix in it..

On my actual Birthday which was Monday, we had chocolate cake and shared three bags of microwave popcorn while watching Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino :)
We had some donuts too over the weekend.

These days when we have ice cream, usually we share one pint between us, whereas in the old days we'd always get two flavours and eat a whole pint each.

On average since we moved here, I'd say we have pizza or a pizza type dish (stuffed spinach rolls etc...) at least two to three times a week..

Pasta too.. The other day we had penne and alfredo sauce..

Yeah... so as you see.. We're not suffering in "Diet mode" :wink:
8) Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:55 pm

MB... We don't eat diet food.. I like to eat..
We stick to three meals per day, and I sometimes have a fourth but only if it's a fruit or small salad or small bowl of soup..

The *REAL* difference between now and a few months back is that I'm currently doing an *average* of 9-12 flights of stairs a day, and additional walking to and from the parking garage, which adds up to about 12 blocks a day..
And I'm no longer eating at night after bed.
I messed up last night tho and had leftover Chinese (Damn that stuff it's irresistible!!! LOL) and actually felt like total *CRAP* this morning... Like I wanted to just throw up..
So I guess my body really doesn't like having undigested food laying around in my stomach for hours when it should be empty...
I am pleased that it was such an unpleasant sensation.. Just more confirmation that focusing on banishing that habit, is one of the very best things I am doing for myself now.

8) Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Oh, btw, ps..... After we had a slice and a half each of the chocolate cake we gave away the rest of it to our neighbours! :wink:

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:52 am

Hey Debs. You rock.
What Navin said.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks Mandy!! Hope you're well :)
Sorry I didn't see this reply till now.
8) Debs x