Down 10 lbs since May!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Down 10 lbs since May!!!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:01 pm

I may even be down 11 lbs but the scale kept going up and down between 10 and 11 so I'm going to decide to err on the side of caution and say I'm down TEN POUNDS!!!!

I've gone with Richie to the pool two times and added water walking/jogging to my exercise, and still taking the stairs every day.. We actually got stuck last week in the elevator one afternoon for half an hour (it's now officially "out of order") so I will *NOT* be taking the elevator even *after* they fix it..
That was pretty scary.. we had about 8 firemen there to open the door up after we had to call for help with the emergency phone in the elevator.. Thank God it worked!!! :shock:
Also, I've been doing some marathon massage sessions between 2 and 3 hours long!! I'm sure that's also helping.

I even make myself walk to go and weigh myself at the gym now..It's about a 8 block round trip... It's like I have to earn weighing myself! LOL

Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!
I hope I can report a similar loss by the middle or end of August!!! :D
Have a great evening all!!! :mrgreen:
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 pm

ps.. I actually weighed tonight in the early evening so my real weight might even be a pound or two less since my previous weight was taken in the late morning!!! :D

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:22 am

Woo Hoo!

And yes, you will weigh less in the morning.

Congrats!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:45 am

Thank you Strawberry!!! :D
8) Debs x

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:06 am

Congratulations!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:08 am

good goin'! Stay on track!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:03 am

Thanks Kathleen and Rene!!! :)
8) Debs x

Ms

Post by Ms » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:31 pm

congratulations!!!!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks fantastic, Deb! I'm so happy to hear this.

Sorry about the elevator incident, but what terrifyingly great incentive to practice vertical urban ranger!

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks Ms and Reinhard!!! :D
Yes, we are *not* going back on that thing again..
Actually the stairs are not in great shape either, with a *lot* of cracked cement and corroded metal, so if they start to fall apart, it won't be so vertical, cos we will end up having to walk up the driveway round and round.. hahah..
But yes, it's great incentive and aside from the weight loss, I'm equally, if not more, excited that I am now able to walk up stairs without having my legs feel horrible and my heart feel like it's about to burst out my chest!

Thanks again!
8) Debs x

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 am

8 firemen for civilians stuck in an elevator ?? How many do they send when there's a REAL FIRE to put
out ?? 100 ?? ;-)

Awesome work, Debs ! You should be proud !

Worrying in a stuck elevator is a great way to lose weight of course (!) ... but you'd better take the stairs next time anyway !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/01/2009 : 208.2 pounds
( 8 months / -71.8 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 193.0 pounds ( 1 year / -87.0 pounds )

harpista

Post by harpista » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:37 pm

bluebunny27 wrote:8 firemen for civilians stuck in an elevator ?? How many do they send when there's a REAL FIRE to put
out ?? 100 ?? ;-)
Hopefully cute ones.

Firefighters in my city have a scorching calendar... HEH HEH :twisted:

Can't resist ;)
Nulla palma sine pulvere.
'No garland of victory without first the dust of the arena.'

Sometimesians, unite!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm

LOL :D
I was so frazzled after that, I honestly didn't notice if any of them were cute..
Oh well.. Will have to fake getting stuck in the elevator again when it's fixed and see who shows up! :wink:
8) Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi guys!! :D
Latest Update!!
I'm down another inch from my waist since the beginning of the month and I've dropped another 2 lbs!!!!

So that makes my total 12 lbs down in about 7 weeks!!!
Had an "across the board" green day yesterday and night time eating did *not*, I repeat, did *NOT* occur!!!!

Woooo!!!!! :wink:
8) Debs

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Totally off topic but I once called the fire department because I had put the battery in my smoke detector wrong and it would not stop beeping. It is wired into the ceiling otherwise I would have just run over it with the car :twisted: . I asked if they would just come by when they had time and see if they could figure it out. I hoped that firemen had some experience with this and the station is right across the street so I wasn't trying to take them away from a real emergency. I was very clear that this was not an emergency and that they could just walk over but no - they brought the entire crew in full fire suits in the truck with the siren blaring. In march 6 hot firemen to fix my smoke detector. And the room with the detector is only 6' x 6'. Totally ridiculous and embarassing. And they were definitely hot. Too bad you didn't get a good look at your rescuers, Debs. And congrats on your continued success.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Congratulations!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:35 pm

midtownfg wrote:Totally off topic but I once called the fire department because I had put the battery in my smoke detector wrong and it would not stop beeping. It is wired into the ceiling otherwise I would have just run over it with the car :twisted: . I asked if they would just come by when they had time and see if they could figure it out. I hoped that firemen had some experience with this and the station is right across the street so I wasn't trying to take them away from a real emergency. I was very clear that this was not an emergency and that they could just walk over but no - they brought the entire crew in full fire suits in the truck with the siren blaring. In march 6 hot firemen to fix my smoke detector. And the room with the detector is only 6' x 6'. Totally ridiculous and embarassing. And they were definitely hot. Too bad you didn't get a good look at your rescuers, Debs. And congrats on your continued success.
Hahah funny scene!!! LOL :D
Thanks Midtown and Clarinetgal!!
8) Debs x

Ms

Post by Ms » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Congrats DEB! I look forward to reading more about your progress.

midtownfg wrote:Totally off topic but I once called the fire department because I had put the battery in my smoke detector wrong and it would not stop beeping. It is wired into the ceiling otherwise I would have just run over it with the car :twisted: . I asked if they would just come by when they had time and see if they could figure it out. I hoped that firemen had some experience with this and the station is right across the street so I wasn't trying to take them away from a real emergency. I was very clear that this was not an emergency and that they could just walk over but no - they brought the entire crew in full fire suits in the truck with the siren blaring. In march 6 hot firemen to fix my smoke detector. And the room with the detector is only 6' x 6'. Totally ridiculous and embarassing. And they were definitely hot. Too bad you didn't get a good look at your rescuers, Debs. And congrats on your continued success.

LOL! At least they were hot.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks Ms! :)
Hope you are doing well too!

I wanted to update this to add that today I measured my waist and around my bellybutton (the fattest part of me...) and I am down a whole 2 inches since mid May!!! The bellybutton area was sticking around 1 inch down for a month and my waist was whittling down, but today the bellybutton area shrunk down an extra inch!!!
I've been *really* good on NoS and S days have been pretty moderate, and been "pool walking/jogging" almost every day.

I'm excited to see it's having a positive effect!!
Wooo!!! :D
Have a good week all!
8) Debs

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 am

I am down a whole 2 inches since mid May!!!
It doesn't get any better than that! You go girl! Woohoo! As a good friend of mine always says, "Inch by inch, life's a cinch!" They sure do add up over time!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Deb, I'm so happy to hear this -- especially after that little "zuel" incident. :-)

Congratulations and best wishes keeping it up!

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:40 am

Thanks Reinhard and Mimi!!
It's a comfort to see that slowly, but steadily, my behaviours are paying off!
I will just keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully, by early Winter, I'll have shed what I gained over last year, and by Summer next year I'll be back where I was two years ago or possibly better.
Yeah, I'm realising now that "Zeul" will sometimes be around, but even *that* bad habit (night time raiding fridge) is becoming more "moderate" and it's only a handful of times a month, versus every night.
Realising that it was emotional eating and talking about it with everyone here *really* helped me curb it.
I haven't had *perfect* compliance on that since last "Zeul" sighting, but it's much much better. Actually, the few times it has happened recently, it was truly because I was hungry due to probably just not having enough during the day. But I'm trying to really just to experience my emotions rather than deaden them with night time eating. It's been good.
Thanks for your support!
Have a great week :)
8) Debs

winnie96

Re: Down 10 lbs since May!!!

Post by winnie96 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:24 pm

gratefuldeb67 wrote:I may even be down 11 lbs ...
Just got back from 2 weeks on vacation with no internet and am totally pumped to hear your great news! Way to go! Very happy for you ...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks so much Winnie!!
It's 12 lbs now, and I'm down 2 whole inches on my belly!!
Yay!!!
Hope you had a great vacation!! :D
8) Debs