Another set of people noticed today...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sporkfancier

Another set of people noticed today...

Post by sporkfancier » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:49 pm

It's been a while since I've darkened the door of the forums here, but I had another set of people notice that I've lost weight (it's approximately 25lbs since mid-April) today, and I just wanted to thank Reinhard publicly for the No-S diet!

I can reiterate all of the great things about the eating lifestyle (for that is what it is, not a diet), but I'd just like to reiterate how simple it is to follow, and how hard it is to cheat when "cheating" is built right in! No forbidden foods, just sensible amounts--how simple and effective!

I also wanted to thank you for your book. I've bought three copies for family/friends--I think it is psychologically easier for them to accept it as a "real" plan when there's a book rather than a nursery rhyme (most people can't see the beauty of a 13-word "diet"). Most of the Chapters/Indigo bookstores in Canada seem to have a copy or two available, which is great for "instant" followup on the inevitable "So what's your secret?" conversations.

THANKS!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:50 am

That's great to hear people are noticing your change. It's always good to have a "legitimate" book or product to back up what you say, unfortunately people don't tend to want to believe or listen to anybody unless they do, or unless they have a piece of paper proclaiming their expertise in a chosen field. I think that’s a foolish mind set to have, but I digress. Thanks for coming on to let us know of your continued success with No S.

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:20 am

Congrats on losing 25 pounds!
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm

congratulations, sporkfancier! And thanks for letting us know.

Yes, the "nursery rhyme" (I love that! so much better than "mantra") aspect of No-s is both a pro and a con.

I'm happy to hear the No S Book is generally available in Canada! I had no idea.

Reinhard

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Twenty five pounds since April! Am I ever jealous! I'm just shy of 20 pounds in 11 months.

Congratulations!

Kathleen

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:22 pm

With regard to the 25 pounds, I really do need to remember how great it is to have lost that much weight without feeling like I've sacrificed anything. I know I'm not saying anything new, but this is so straightforward and so easy to see myself doing for years and years (as opposed to weeks). Cutting out a food group is a ridiculously difficult thing to do unless you are religiously or morally motivated--eating a sensible amount of food is something your body appreciates (think how sick you feel after eating too much).

Anyway, I'm posting a followup to note that our neighbors were curious about my weight loss (my partner had already told them a little bit about it, so they were asking me what the "S"s were), and I ended up swinging by the bookstore and picking up a copy for them as a "thank you" for watching our kids last night. Hopefully a couple more disciples....
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 pm

That's a very thoughtful gift and an excellent way to unobtrusively spread the word. Great thinking. :)