Selfish is the new Selfless

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Selfish is the new Selfless

Post by wosnes » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Interesting blog entry:

/jackfit.blogspot.com/2009/08/selfish-is-new-selfless.html
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 am

Wosnes, that is TOO funny.

And true.

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 am

He's pretty accurate there. That kind of thinking isn't selfish though really. It's more like being controlled and disciplined for the greater good of yourself and your family's health.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 am

This guy is a riot!

I loved the one about "it's a scale, not a trampoline" (about not hopping off and on every five minutes).

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 am

I like it! I totally intend on being one of those "Oh you want Oreos, and Cookie Crisp Cereal.. well,TOUGH!" moms... Just like my mom was :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 am

Nichole wrote:I like it! I totally intend on being one of those "Oh you want Oreos, and Cookie Crisp Cereal.. well,TOUGH!" moms... Just like my mom was :)
That's good to hear. A bit of good old fashioned discipline always goes a long way to making children into well balanced and respectable adults. It's great to see parents like you around still Nichole.

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. - Proverbs 22:15

What does it mean? Basically, discipline your children so they grow up wise.

N.B. If anyone takes this as me endorsing beating your child then you have not studied the Bible in-depth enough to understand the context or its intelligent and balanced application to real life. Or you could just be insane.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 pm

LOVED this quote..."S-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-w down with that fork, bubba. No need to create sparks" I can't wait to use that one on my family tonight at dinner!

Bushranger...I couldn't agree more. This verse is so often taken out of context. It's not a verse about beating kids...it's about learning the disciplines of life early so they avoid the consequences of poor behavior later in life. I wish I'd learned sensible eating at an early age. I certainly did not grow up wise in this area! Thankfully it's not too late to learn...

Thanks for sharing that great blog!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...