My first ever No S red day.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mounted Ranger!

My first ever No S red day.

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 am

:(

I got a few reds on my shovelglove and ranger habitcals on vacation but this is my first No S red.

I'm making chocolate cupcakes for a potluck. I licked the spoon. and licked the spoon, and licked the spoon, and . . . licked The BOWL!

(*whispers*) and liked it.

hate that red, though.
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 am

*flashback to 10 years old and Mum gives me the beaters to lick* Oh that was so good!

marleah

Post by marleah » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 am

Hahaha, I've done that. I usually give myself a break if I JUST lick my fingers. Or JUST lick the spoon once. If I get to the bowl ... it's all over.

:) At least you enjoyed it!
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Well come on, chocolate cupcakes?! how can one resist those???

Don't be too hard on yourself. This kind of stuff happens! Just file it in your 'one-of-those-things' mental shelf & leave it behind you. The important thing is not to keep breaking the diet now that you've done it once (not that you will, I'm just saying it because that's something I used to do in the past: cheat once, then cheat for the rest of the day continuously).
Restarting NoS (after going back & forth over the last 4 years) in November 2013.

GOAL: to lose 10 kilos.
HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR: 1.6 kilo

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Well come on, chocolate cupcakes?! how can one resist those???

Don't be too hard on yourself. This kind of stuff happens! Just file it in your 'one-of-those-things' mental shelf & leave it behind you. The important thing is not to keep breaking the diet now that you've done it once (not that you will, I'm just saying it because that's something I used to do in the past: cheat once, then cheat for the rest of the day continuously).

Yup! Learning to *mark it and move on* is key!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm

I had to give myself a red on Friday after eating dessert at lunch (had a good reason, but still annoyed that I let myself get into that situation). What I realized that evening was that my temptation was to say "It's already a red day, why not earn it!" Fortunately, the snack food I wanted we didn't have, so I abstained, but what a lesson in person psychology. I think the real test of strength is to say "I screwed up, but I won't screw up again today!" A 300-calorie dessert is nothing compared to a 300-calorie dessert, a 400-calorie cup of peanut butter M&Ms, and a 500-calorie bowl of chips!

"Days on habit" is a great metric, but so is "X days on habit out of Y". Focus on your successes and keep adding to that column!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?