Froyo

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tarantinofan

Froyo

Post by tarantinofan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 pm

I was just wondering about Froyo (frozen yogurt). Is that counted as a sweet? I think it would taste great with cereal and fruit in the morning. What do you guys think? It does have SOME sugar in it, but I think it's pretty minimal compared with ice cream and such. I know that regular yogurt is okay on No S, but I've always been curious about its frozen counterpart...Anyway, thanks for any advice!

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:19 pm

I'd take a look at the individual brands by packaging labels, Ari. I think you will be surprised at how much sugar there is. You may find one or two particular brands that are good though.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 am

That's a REALLY individual decision.

I don't do it. In fact, I used to buy a tube yogurt for my son (organic, low sugar, meant to be used in lunchboxes) and freeze it as a treat. Regular yogurt, frozen, not "frozen yogurt" if you see the difference.

I will eat the unfrozen yogurt as an N-day food (with a meal of course), but I won't eat the exact same yogurt frozen on an N-day. No, it's not rational - but psychologically, it makes sense. The frozen version feels like a sweet. And that's my barometer - if it feels like a dessert, skip it.

Your mileage will almost certainly vary. That's one of the beauties of No-S - we get to decide our own boundaries, and the simplicity of it makes us be excrutiatingly honest.

(On the flip side, I do have two cups of cafe-au-lait every morning, with a teaspoon of sugar in each - and I don't think twice about them. Each person's "rules" will vary.)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Frozen yogurt tends to be even more heavily sweetened than regular flavored yogurts (whch are already pretty sweet). For me, no question that that would be an S day food.