Hello Everybody

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jcraig

Hello Everybody

Post by jcraig » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Hello, my name is Josh, and I am new to the Everyday Systems Bulletin Board. I stumbled across the "No S Diet" a few years ago but couldn't get my head around how something so simple could be effective, sooo... a few years later of frustration and half hearted commitments to other eating plans I have had somewhat of a paradigm shift. I'm looking forward to reading everybody's posts and hopefully we can all learn from each other. Thanks for reading, have a great day!

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Nice to have you here! :)
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Welcome!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Welcome to the best thing ever!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

buttercreampillow

Post by buttercreampillow » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Glad to have you here.

One thing I have noticed is that so many people on this board, myself included, describe this diet (if it can be called that) as "wonderful." I've spent a lot of time on other weight loss boards, and that doesn't happen there. They describe their diet as "a lifestyle" or "a new way of eating," but nobody thinks it's wonderful.
Natural Eater

tarantinofan

Post by tarantinofan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 am

Welcome (back), Josh! I look forward to hearing about your progress. I did the same thing as you. I tried No S for a week around a year ago, and gave up for some reason. But, I've been back for around a month and a half, fully committed. No worries, I think that's happened to a lot of people on the boards. It takes time for common sense to sink in, I suppose...
buttercreampillow wrote:One thing I have noticed is that so many people on this board, myself included, describe this diet (if it can be called that) as "wonderful." I've spent a lot of time on other weight loss boards, and that doesn't happen there. They describe their diet as "a lifestyle" or "a new way of eating," but nobody thinks it's wonderful.
Agreed. I think there's just the right amount of structure to help form a healthy relationship with food. What a relief to finally feel more in control around food!

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:13 am

Welcome Jsoh! You're gonna love NoS! Good luck on your journey.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

jcraig

Post by jcraig » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:19 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 am

Hello!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Welcome, Josh!
I stumbled across the "No S Diet" a few years ago but couldn't get my head around how something so simple could be effective
Yeah, I sometimes think I need a more complex introductory version to lure in newbies :-)

Reinhard

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:05 am

Welcome Josh!
And to Reinhard...
I sometimes think I need a more complex introductory version to lure in newbies :-)
...Yea, give them a choice of plan A and Plan B. I think many will stupidly choose the harder one since they are used to them. We know better :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Welcome Josh!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.â€

~Albert Einstein

So there you have it. The No S Diet would have been approved by Einstein!

:D
--- Stephen ---
My No S Diet Progress
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."