I love this way of eating!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

janie47

I love this way of eating!

Post by janie47 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Good morning to all!

I have been a lurker mainly for the past year, and have had many starts and stops following the NoS. I had gastric bypass surgery in Nov/2004, and have begun to gain some of the weight back. Bright Angel was so great to correspond with me and help me, too. Thank you, Bright Angel ! :D
Anyway, I have noticed that when I do follow the NoS, I don't worry about what I am going to eat all day long or buying special foods. It's like a freedom to not have to think about a specific diet, and worry about failing it, also.
So I started again yesterday! I have been on every diet known to mankind, and this one is the only one that makes sense. My mother would constantly tell me to not snack, eat three meals per day, and cut down my portions. Does this sound familiar? LOL My mom only ate three meals per day. She only ate one plateful with no snacks. She would occasionally fix a dessert occasionally, and she would never go crazy of the dessert! Also, on holidays she would really put on a spread! She was never overweight!
Good luck to all, and here I go again! LOL

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Good Luck Janie,
I've never been perfect at anything in my lifetime.

Remember, if due to your Gastric Bypass,
you can't eat enough at mealtime to avoid Intense between meal hunger,
that is a medical condition
and under No S you can add a mini-meal or two.

Grazing is the problem I have to continually work to overcome,
and that is very different problem
than a set number of 3 meals and one or two mini-meals.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi there,

I love this plan as well. Don't even consider it a "diet" as I am eating normally, like a real person.

I was lucky, I guess, lost quite a bit of weight right off the bat - 17 pounds in about six weeks - achieving my goal. I actually got a few pounds too thin (Can't believe I am saying that) and have had to adjust upwards. Just an indication of how many snacks and sweets I was eating before.

But, the best news is that I don't really think about it any more, always before I got to my goal weight, then said - Okay, I am done doing whatever (low cal, low carb, points, etc) then immediately - and I mean immediately - gained back the fifteen or twenty pounds.

Well, I got to goal weight on June 10th and have stayed within a pound or two since - not really thinking about it anymore.

I know for everyone it is different, but even if one loses a pound a week and keeps it off, that is 52 pounds a year!

I wish you a healthy journey on this weight loss trip!

Berry :wink:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Thank you for delurking, janie47!

I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying no-s. And absolutely do as BrightAngel suggests and modify the rules to suit your situation (meal number modification doesn't even officially count as a "mod").

And thanks for the update on your continuing success, StrawberryRoan! That's great to hear.

Reinhard

ksbrowne

Post by ksbrowne » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi Janie,
I think we had the same mom! Mine had strict rules, 3 meals a day, no seconds, no sweets, (except on holidays), no snacks, except for a small bite of peanut butter if you were REALLY hungry. She was very slim all her life, and drank full-fat milk, and put real butter in everything. On holidays she would go hog-wild --- and have a tiny piece of pie, with 1 little scoop of ice cream. :lol:

Kathy

janie47

Thanks to All for Such Nice Replies

Post by janie47 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks everyone! There are many very positive people here on the board! I appreciate all of the replies I get! I need all the help I can get, too!! LOL

My mother passed away in November of 2007.. I should dedicate this go 'round to her! The lady who told me to cut back on portions, don't snack, etc. I wouldn't listen to her! Mother does know best!! :)
:D

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi, Janie. So sorry about your mom. You're lucky to have that foundation, even if you didn't "get" it at the time. I love my mother dearly, but she's the original cookie monster, lol, and was always dieting.

Glad you're here...No S is great!
~ Laura ~

janie47

TunaFishKid

Post by janie47 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:16 am

My mom was the most wonderful cook! She sort of equated love with food. We weren't a real affectionate family. I wished we would have been!
I miss her mashed potatoes all the time! :)