A little anecdote about hunger

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DaveMc

A little anecdote about hunger

Post by DaveMc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:59 am

Just a little story I thought some of you might get a chuckle from:

Someone was telling me about his recently-adopted South Beach diet, and he was very pleased that "I've never felt hungry on this diet!" And my immediate thought was, "Mine's even better, sometimes I *do* feel hungry!" That sensation of looking forward to the next meal is actually quite pleasant, and something to be savoured rather than feared, I'm finding.

I think it's what used to be called "having an appetite", in the Olden Days.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:20 pm

By George I think he's Got It! :wink:

To that South Beach Dieter, my thought is: "Then you are probably eating too much!" :lol:

I really enjoy hunger now. I swear it makes food taste better! Also, if I sit down to eat and I'm not hungry, I know somethings wrong!
--- Stephen ---
My No S Diet Progress
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm starting to enjoy my hunger, too. It's definitely making me enjoy my meals more.
I heard today on a doctor show I like to listen to that if you put off your eating to the point of actually starting to feel a little weak, then it helps your body to produce growth hormone. He also talked about other ways to produce growth hormone, such as exercise, sleep, etc... I thought it was interesting, and the part about delaying your eating definitely fits with No S.

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Kodama wrote:To that South Beach Dieter, my thought is: "Then you are probably eating too much!" :lol:
Well, he's lost weight with it, so I'm not sure if he's actually eating too much. I think it's possible to never feel hungry and yet lose weight, if you eat a sufficiently controlled diet and filling but low-cal snacks at regular intervals. It's just that I'd never have the discipline required to keep that sort of thing up, long term.

Mounted Ranger!

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Saying that I enjoy my hunger is not something I'd ever thought I'd say but really, I do appreciate it and never really think of going all out of my way to avoid it as I did before. I really am getting into the appetite is the best sauce mentality.
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:38 pm

I love it when my stomach growls. I reminds me that my body is out of fuel...I did a good job & didn't eat when I didn't need to and I didn't overeat earlier.

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:17 am

Welcome back to Ye Olden Days Dave. :D
Isn't NoS awesome!?
Good luck to you!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness