Cheating has its "benefits"

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Cheating has its "benefits"

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:32 am

Yesterday I was out running errands and started to pass the Baskin-Robbins near my home. It had been a rather frustrating morning and I decided it was worth a little cheat to have some ice cream. So I stopped in and got a cone and headed home with it.

As I approached the elementary school, I saw a police car parked in the driveway and realized I was driving too fast in a school zone. So I slowed down. As soon as I passed him, he came out with lights flashing. I pulled over and he pulled over right behind me.

Police Officer: Good Afternoon ma'am. Are you having a good day?

Me: I was until about a minute ago.

PO: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: Yes, I knew as soon as I saw you in the drive that I was going too fast (I was going under the posted speed limit, but over the "school zone" speed limit).

PO: Do you live near here?

Me: Yes (and I gave him the intersection closest to home).

PO: Is your ice cream good?

Me: Yes

PO: Well, if I give you a ticket your ice cream is going to melt. So you go home and enjoy your ice cream and watch the speed limits in school zones.

Me: Thank you! I will!

He didn't even ask to see my license and registration! That's as close as I've ever come to getting a speeding ticket (not that I haven't deserved some -- just not been caught!) and I've been driving for a LONG time.

The ice cream may have "saved" me. :oops:
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 am

Wosnes, LOL! I guess cheating 'does' have its benefits sometimes. :D

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:32 am

You got really lucky. I've been caught twice recently by two different cameras...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 am

That's great. But would you have been speeding to begin with if you hadn't been so eager to get home and eat your ice cream? :-)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:19 am

reinhard wrote:That's great. But would you have been speeding to begin with if you hadn't been so eager to get home and eat your ice cream? :-)
Probably. I wasn't thinking about it being a school zone -- until I saw the police car.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spook

Post by Spook » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm trying to work out how you were driving with an ice cream cone. :shock:

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Spook wrote:I'm trying to work out how you were driving with an ice cream cone. :shock:
Me too! Maybe I'm not very coordinated, lol, but I probably either would have crashed or had ice cream all over my lap. :)
~ Laura ~

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm

TunaFishKid wrote:
Spook wrote:I'm trying to work out how you were driving with an ice cream cone. :shock:
Me too! Maybe I'm not very coordinated, lol, but I probably either would have crashed or had ice cream all over my lap. :)
I'm not very coordinated, either, but it wasn't all that difficult. The worst was backing out of the parking space in front of Baskin-Robbins. After that, it was a cinch. Also, I found that I could "park" the cone in an outside pocket of my purse!

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:19 pm

wosnes wrote:The worst was backing out of the parking space in front of Baskin-Robbins. After that, it was a cinch.
That made me laugh! I hate backing out of parking spaces and almost always look for a spot where I can pull through to the other side so I don't have to. Glad you enjoyed your ice cream and beat a ticket!
~ Laura ~

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:23 pm

I got chased down the other day for speeding through EZ-Pass. Didn't get a ticket; don't know why. Must be my Megan-Fox-Good-Looks (kidding).
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille