Strategy that works for me

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jbettin

Strategy that works for me

Post by jbettin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Just thought I'd pass this on, in case it helps someone else. Sweets aren't a huge downfall for me, so the "No Sweets" part of No-S is generally manageable. Some of my biggest temptations are salty snacks -- I could easily eat tortilla chips like a bird. Which is to say "half my body weight". :lol: And with guacamole? Irresistible!

So, today for lunch, I had snack food. A reasonably-sized serving of tortilla chips. (I'd saved the last of a bag, so that when it was gone, it was gone.) One avocado's worth of guacamole, a string cheese for protein, and a pear. Is it a nutritional all-star of a meal? Uh... no. But it's not *that* bad, and it kept me on track. And now those wretched chips aren't calling my name every time I walk by that cabinet!
Mom of 4

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Actually it does sound healthy to me...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Yeah sometimes you just have to have a nice bowl of chips and good dip! :)
It's perfectly NoS legal. :wink:
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

burnnotice

Chips

Post by burnnotice » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:14 pm

A coworker had me try Trader Joe flax seed tortilla chips & they rocked! I'm sure Whole Foods and other health stores have something similar.

Nothing like eating a treat like that and getting a little extra nutritional kick.
Me
The Client

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:11 pm

I made nachos this week for dinner, I used healthier chips and added beans and veggie crumbles for protein, guac, sour cream etc. It was awesome. The kids looked at me like I was insane and polished the whole platter off before I could "change my mind." hah.

It was the only meal this week where I had to flex that no seconds muscle.

I love the idea of snacks for a meal.