See what we're missing?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

buttercreampillow

See what we're missing?

Post by buttercreampillow » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:35 am

Just for grins....

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

buttercreampillow :lol:
Natural Eater

maslowjenkins

Post by maslowjenkins » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 pm

LMAO! that was horrifying and hilarious at the same time!
Carrie

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:49 pm

In the late 80s one of the dietitians I worked with wrote a series of books with menus, recipes and grocery lists for various calorie controlled diets. The recipes were sized to feed 1, 2, or 4 people which I thought was a great concept. However, most of the recipes were absolutely awful. I couldn't see how anyone would eat this food for the 30 days that the book covered, let alone the rest of their lives!

There was a pretty good recipe for banana bread, though.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

getoka

Post by getoka » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Fabulous find :lol: The melon mousse looks sooo yummy :shock:

burnnotice

Frankfurter Spectacular!

Post by burnnotice » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:34 pm

OK my kid wouldn't even eat the hotdogs they were so tortured! I need my glasses on to identify the food!

Hilarious!
Me
The Client

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:53 pm

The jellied "salads" made me turn queasy. My mom put unimaginable things in jellied salads when I was growing up. Still does - there's a nasty green concoction with nuts in it that must be served every Thanksgiving. My husband actually likes it. I cannot believe the term "salad" is applied to something so vile. (I like salad, and feel so cheated when I'm expecting a REAL salad and something like that is put on the table!)

In my world, jello can ONLY be a dessert. With fruit in it at most. And frankly, I wouldn't make it at all if my family didn't like it.

The commentary on the cards is hysterically funny! Thanks!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:05 am

Doubled over laughing with that! :lol:
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Robin

Post by Robin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:16 am

Best belly laugh I've had in awhile! :lol:

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks for sharing. Every recipe card was really disgusting. I was laughing so hard at the urn next to the plate and all the other props! Not one thing looked appetizing.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:23 pm

UGH!!!! I dropped my jaw at some of these! No WONDER people could lose weight on WW in 1974...the food was revolting! Unfortunately, like all diets, after they lost their weight they went back to real food, 'cause NO ONE could sustain a diet like that.

Melon MOUSSE? I'm not sure I can eat breakfast after seeing that...

Thanks for a wonderful laugh....I'm now going on with my day with a sense of gratefulness to be eating real food on a daily basis!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Bfrilkins

Fluffy Mackeral Pudding!

Post by Bfrilkins » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks for the laughs! Fluffy mackeral pudding....chilled celery log (no thanks, I like my warmed in the microwave).

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:15 am

KCCC wrote:Still does - there's a nasty green concoction with nuts in it that must be served every Thanksgiving. My husband actually likes it.
I like it, too, though I've probably not had it for 20-some years. Never made it. I never make Jell-O -- don't even keep it in the house.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."