Missing versus Skipping breakfast

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bfrilkins

Missing versus Skipping breakfast

Post by Bfrilkins » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 am

I'm very new to this forum, so please excuse me if this was discussed previously.

My question is this: What do you tend to do if you miss breakfast? I don't mean skip it but sleep through it altogether. Do you still do three meals? Like lunch, dinner1, dinner2. Or just lunch and dinner, and too bad for the meal you slept through?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 am

I'd do whatever worked for me that day. It's a situation with too many possibilities for one answer. Do what works for you and don't worry about it.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 am

Interesting question. I realized that I don't think I've ever missed breakfast. I've skipped a few times mainly due to indigestion from overeating the night beofre but never missed.

I think I would just eat my two meals, maybe piled a little higher than normal.

NoelFigart

Re: Missing versus Skipping breakfast

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:46 am

Bfrilkins wrote:I'm very new to this forum, so please excuse me if this was discussed previously.

My question is this: What do you tend to do if you miss breakfast? I don't mean skip it but sleep through it altogether. Do you still do three meals? Like lunch, dinner1, dinner2. Or just lunch and dinner, and too bad for the meal you slept through?
It depends. If it's a weekend (which is usually the only days I'd be sleeping in late enough not to have breakfast), it's an S day, and I'm probably having a brunch anyway, so I don't sweat it.

If it's a weekday, if I sleep in long enough to miss breakfast, I'm ill and it's an S-day.

If this is a regular thing, I'd either prep breakfast the night before so that you can have a little something, or just eat two larger meals a day. (I actually do sometimes prep breakfast the night before if I am going to be psycho busy and might be tempted to skip).
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

I am not a fan of breakfast. I used to love eggs and bacon, but since I turned vegetarian... just an egg is not as appealing. I have bought the substitutes, but breakfast is just not the same. I tend to skip breakfast altogether sometimes, and if so, I still have my 3 meals, I just push them up later in the day... a lot of breakfast foods are sweets, so I always have to be careful.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Kevin

Re: Missing versus Skipping breakfast

Post by Kevin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm

If I woke up and was hungry, I'd break the fast. :)

Then I'd play it by ear.
Bfrilkins wrote:I'm very new to this forum, so please excuse me if this was discussed previously.

Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Bfrilkins

Thanks all

Post by Bfrilkins » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:18 am

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. I think the most important thing will just be to decide ahead what/when my meals will be and stick to that.