Weight watchers vs. no s diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

aGAgirl1

Weight watchers vs. no s diet

Post by aGAgirl1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi everyone! I've been an on and off weight watcher for about 10years. I am up about 20 pounds right now from my weight lost there and I've been playing around with no s for about a month. I love it and i want to keep doing it but I keep doubting that it will work because i am so used to counting points and the "control" that gives me. So my mind is whats getting in the way. Please tell me that no s really can work because i love it and i want to lose 15 to 20 pounds. i am a 31 year old woman that is 5"2

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I've also done WW before & never could sustain the weight loss. Yes, you can see results with No S, but it's usually a slower loss. BUT, it's an internal change that you just don't get with any other program. Someone once wrote here that what you learn is maintenance first so that your lifestyle begins to change without having to count points or calories or food groups. It's as if we're learning to just eat like a normal, healthy person - what a concept!

If you haven't read the book yet, I highly recommend it. It will give you more information on why this is a wonderful lifestyle change.

Don't be a stranger...we're all here to help one another....it's a great journey - don't miss it!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 pm

We call ourselves recovering point counters! Yes, you can lose weight. No, you don't see it back.
Kathleen