first week 4.5 lost

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

aGAgirl1

first week 4.5 lost

Post by aGAgirl1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 pm

After playing around and not committing to this diet for about a month I finally decided to commit to it through the new year to see if at the very least I could maintain my weight through the holidays. Today was the end of my first week ( I weigh once a week) and I lost 4.5 pounds! I really needed that to reassure me that this plan will work for me. I kept doubting it would because it didn't seem hard or unpleasant at all. As a matter of fact I love it! This is the first time in my life that I am not obsessed with food. It's strange but wonderful. Doing weight watchers for years ( and succeding on it) I became weird and obsessive with food and counting points and it led me to either be "perfect" or completly off the wagon. No in between. This plan feels very freeing and I absoultely love it!!

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying the diet (what an odd concept, eh?)

Since I'm sure there are going to be others who caution you not to expect this kind of weight loss every week, I won't do that. What I will say is that you need to remember how good it feels to follow this plan, how easy it is, because that's what going to get you through weeks where you gain a little weight, or don't lose any (and it gets you through those tough Friday nights, too)!

I wish you Great Success!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

Starla

Post by Starla » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Congratulations! I agree with you - there's none of the usual stress of being on a diet - and it gets easier as time goes on!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:14 pm

That's great weight loss, but don't be surprised if you don't achieve that kind of weight loss every week.

Someone had to say it. :)
sporkfancier wrote: <snip>
Since I'm sure there are going to be others who caution you not to expect this kind of weight loss every week...
<snip>
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."