Questions

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bekah218

Questions

Post by bekah218 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:38 pm

I was wondering has anyone lost a lot of weight doing this and how long did it take? Also has anyone had a change in their cholesterol readings?

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Check out the testimonials, they are so motivating.

I am too new to give you results, but I can share my take on this. I think in order for it to work, it has to be slow and I mean super slow. Of course depending on how much weight you need to lose will have a lot to do with the speed of weight loss, especially in the beginning. It's the old "do you want it fast, or do you want it right?" I would like to lose 25 pounds and if it takes me a year, or even 2 and stays off forever, then I wouldn't trade that for any get thin quick scheme out there because I know how those all have turned out in the past. Yeah, I would love to lose a good 10 to 15 pounds by the holidays and I probably could with one crazy diet or another or I can stick with No-S and not diet and get the same result in a little (OK, a lot) more time, but not regain it and then have to get back on this silly merry go round again and again. I have been fighting this for 30 years so if it takes me a few more years to finally get it right and be able to stop fighting and just live, then it will all be worth it.
Dawn

Kevin

Re: Questions

Post by Kevin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:36 pm

There are many people here who have lost weight, some dramatically. I lost 30 pounds, then broke the habit, and gained most of it back.

If you can build and keep the habit, you can do very well. I'm back at it now, and in one month have lost about eight pounds. I don't feel deprived, I feel good.

bekah218 wrote:I was wondering has anyone lost a lot of weight doing this and how long did it take? Also has anyone had a change in their cholesterol readings?
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Welcome, bekah!

You can find a bunch of long term success stories here:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=13

And here:

http://nosdiet.com/testimonials

Reinhard

bekah218

Post by bekah218 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Well thank you everyone and i think i will give this a try.