I'm glad October is over....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

howfunisthat

I'm glad October is over....

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:50 pm

October was a mess! I started the month with a week of thinking about food. I was tired of thinking about it and tired of battling it. So I didn't....but I didn't see it as an awful event...just a week of a break. After that I was back to green days & then friends of ours lost their son after a long battle with a horrible disease (Battens Disease - http://www.bdsra.org/). Then even before the memorial service, I had an awful Gallbladder attack & ended up at the ER. I had surgery on Wednesday which was unfortunately long & more extensive than they had planned. I'm finally able to sit and write and I'm THRILLED to be on the road to recovery. So...I'm still here...I'm not going anywhere...but I think I'm starting over on November and letting October be a distant memory. Who cares what color the days were - I'm gallbladder free and happy to be on the finished side of surgery!

I hope your Novembers are the best ever....
janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I hope November is good to all of us because we really are going to need help getting through December!!! : ) Sorry to hear about your loss.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Awwww! Hugs Janie, I'm sorry for your very stressful month.
I'm sure November will be good for you!
You deserve a break! :wink:
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:11 pm

While my October was nowhere near as bad as yours, I'll echo the sentiment. After a perfect September for both Shovelglove and No-S, I had two red days for each in October. I want to do better this month, though I already have one red day on Shovelglove!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?